Yeah, I did it

• 3 replies
  • 38 subscribers

To Nikki65, Happy Lady, 1 in 1500, Mrs Astor and other forum members, thankyou. On Friday I completed 28 days of chemoradiation and I'm feeling so damn proud of myself. I started out on this journey feeling positive but lacking in knowledge. Through this forum, you've supported me with really honest answers but given with love and care. I feel like I've climbed to the top of Everest, found my inner grit and come through it stronger and wiser. I know that I have a couple of challenging weeks ahead, recuperating and healing. I'll continue to pamper my skin and make time for me as It appears to have paid off during treatment. My nurse said that my skin had coped really well and only teeny tiny evidence of breakdown around my anal verge. Yes, toileting is uncomfortable at the moment, I've learnt some new techniques and will continue to take just one day at a time. So, I enter into my recovery stage with a real sense of achievement and optimism. Thankyou all for your support. Bx

• Wow huge congratulations , it’s a great feeling isn’t it?

You’ve met this challenge with bravery, good grace & most of all positivity, you’ve definitely lived up to your username, you should be very proud of yourself.

I also love that you’ve continued to post throughout your treatment as this information & encouragement is so vital to those just starting out on this bumpy road. 

I hope you’re blessed with a swift recovery, this post has really made me smile, well done, sending lots of hugs & good vibes your way. 

Nicola xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Couldn't be happier for you than when it was my result!  Don't want to jinx things by saying I told you so - but I believe that a positive outlook can achieve a positive outcome - just have hope and believe that it can have the outcome that you wish for.  All love for a happy future.  Mxx

PS Went out today to meet up with son and daughter in law for the first time since Christmas!  I made "posh sandwich picnic".  Had walk round NT property (but husband had to sit in car due to his immobility).  Happy day I never imagined  4 months ago, and could only hope for 6 years ago.  Hope for a wonderful happy future for you now.  More than well done!!  To the future.  Mxx

• Well done! Looking after your skin as you have done really does pay off. Make sure you take it easy don’t try and rush your recovery. Plenty of rest, ensure you take  time for yourself. Any worries with your recovery then please post any queries we’re all here to continue to support you xx