New lump?

• 3 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Been off here for a while as felt abandoned and forgotten by my team.

i had thought that things were getting better, but yesterday I am sure I can feel a new peri-anal lump, albeit small.  Has anyone else had this experience? It’s sent me under today as I feel like nowhere to turn to.

its only small but I am sure it’s there

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have a similar lump!  It manifested itself just after the end of my cheek radiotherapy!  Thought it was a new growth!  Was reassured that skin tags are normal on new skin after radiotherapy treatment, where the new skin is growing back after treatment.  It's not a new tumour, please be reassured!  I have mine for the last six years- no bigger or smaller, it is just there!  It is just a blip that occurs when your skin is repairing itself.  Please accept that it is normal.  After six years I am still living with and accepting that this is my new normal.  A small skin tag doesn't impact on my life.  It is now just part of the new me!  Better than the growth out of my bottom, that was alien to my body!  Be happy, it's just the new lucky new.  Mxx

• I hope so, but this feels slightly painful to touch.  Is that the same with yours? 

• Hi ,

I know you’ve had issues with postponed/cancelled appointments etc., & it’s totally understandable the way you have been feeling but if you’re feeling something isn’t right, i.e., a new lump & pain then I would urge you to contact your oncology team & get yourself checked out if at all possible!… the pain wouldn’t concern me too much as 2 years on I still get uncomfortable some days around where I had my surgery then my treatment, it feels almost bruised rather than a pain if that’s makes sense! But both my surgeon & my oncologist have both emphasised in the past that if I have any bleeding or new lumps to get checked out, so I’d make that call if I were you, it’s probably nothing but it’ll put your mind to rest if it’s checked. 

Nicola