4 years on

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hello all you lovely bumlanders, I am nearly 4 years into this still having 6 months checks to tell you the truth don’t want to stop having them, me and my bum have no pride left anymore,get on the bed resume position and where of lols. The reason I am writing this is I still have very sore areas especially if my poo goes a bit strong if you know what I mean,but my oncologist gave me some emmolium spray and it’s fantastic.when I have a breakout it’s nowhere near as bad as it was before. Stay strong all of you you can do this All my love to you all Lynne xxxxx

• Hi ,

It’s been a while since I heard us called bumlanders haha, this took me right back to when I was diagnosed just over 2 years ago & I read the pinned post that sadly disappeared sometime after! Congratulations on being 4 years on & yes I know what you mean about wanting to continue with check-ups, my Drs know my bum almost as well as I do lol, but it’s a bit of security when you’ve had a check & they say all’s well isn’t it? I too sometimes still get sore, as with you it’s usually toilet related! I’ll bare the emmolium spray in mind, thanks for the info. This is why this group is so fab, there’s always someone that has a bit of advice to offer. Thanks again. 

Nicola

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Nikki65

Hi Nicola not been on here for a few years we where all bumlanders wasn’t we. Well done 2 years going great guns, yes the outbreaks do not stop so we have to learn to live with them,I never use toilet paper only a water spray I bought of amazon, that helps a lot to.Stay safe take care xx

• Yes we all, over time, just learn what suits us best don’t we? I’m ok with toilet paper but it needs to be the fluffy cloud type lol, the cheaper kind, which was the only type available when all the panic buying was going on recently just doesn’t cut the mustard!! so throughout the shortage I reverted to washing after using the loo like I did during & just after treatment. Can I just say thank you, it’s lovely that you’ve popped back on as your input, being so far down the line,  is invaluable to those that are only just finding themselves here. 

You stay safe too.

Nicola

• Good advice from Julia 1!

Almost 3 years after treatment and like you still have occasional soreness .   I use Sudocrem but will certainly try the emmolium spray when I can get to the chemist. 

Many thanks, it's good to know it's not just me with this problem!!   (Sorry if that sounds rude!)

All the best to everyone on this forum during these difficult times.

Beryl