Radiotherapy burns

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 38 subscribers

Hi everyone my skin is starting to peel at top of my leg caues the radiotherapy is on my pelvic just wondering what any one used my skin is raw thanks. 

• Hi Millie,

you have my sympathy. I was so burnt I had to be admitted to hospital & treated for severe burns. I lost the skin from back to front. After hospital I had the District Nurse every day to change the dressings. It was 2 years ago & really can’t remember what they used. I think one was called flaminal  or similar. Aloe is soothing. I used the portable bidet for a long time & even weed in it as I couldn’t wee on raw flesh. 
    Contact your nurse or Oncologist & see what they recommend. Don’t wear pants or anything that rubs you. 
    I am nearly 2 years on, it is like a bad dream! But you will get better. My skin is still tender, I use Waitrose baby bottom butter as recommended by my Oncologist! Sorry I can’t be of more help. 
    Very best wishes

Pam

Lady Tourelle

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Lady Tourelle

Hi thank y for reply you have been very helpful sounds like my problems are nowt to what y have been through I'm so glad u r well again I've on 3 more radiotherapy left I've also had chemo yes go flaminal I do ues it for my bum but I tryed it on my u know wot and it burnt so I'm not sure if I want to use it where the skin has come off I'll c what the hospital says on Mon when people say how hard the is its true staying strong cause I know its all gonna cum to an end take care xx

• Hi , 

If the flaminal stings where the skin is broken try mixing it with a tiny bit of aqueous cream, this is what I did & found it helped. 

Good luck with the last of your treatment, you’ll soon be on the road to recovery. 

Nicola 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Nikki65

Hi thank you for the tip I'll give a go x