Biopsy done.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 37 subscribers

Biopsy done yesterday 5th.

Didn't go too badly. Staff were superb. I know people tend to say thay about the NHS but I couldn't fault any of them. I felt like I was related to all of them.

The surgeon did what I feared though and jammed gauze up where I can't even tolerate running water. The pain was off the scale when I woke up. 5 shots of Fentanyl later and that was sorted though.

Apart from that I didn't get any of the usual after general anesthetic stuff; feeling like I lost a particularly bloody prize fight, hung over/nausea, throat ripped to pieces. Nothing. I was up in 30 mins and passing water, eating and drinking. Great stuff.

Plan is now happening fast which is definitely a good thing...

PET scan Mon 8th

Meeting Weds 18th Surgery of some kind is likely.

Either permanent stoma or temp one you allow area to heal if no tumor found.

Will be done 24th. Which is crazy gay. So much for NHS waiting lists eh? I'm pleased the dates are so close. we all know people who waited in serious pain for many months I'm sure.

Mentally I'm not too bad. Keeping it all at arms length now by reading it as facts rather than it applying to me particularly, if that makes sense.

I will let you know the out come of the meeting guys.

Ian

• Hi Ian, ()

Thats good news that the biopsy’s done & out of the way & yes I totally agree it’s also great that things will be moving quickly following your results. I appreciate the post op pain you describe too having had a biopsy February 2018 & a local resection of my tumour around 4 weeks after! It’s definitely no walk in the park that’s for sure!

Hopefully your biopsy will show no active tumour & things can be sorted for you without anything too invasive. Although the stoma op is something else to get your head around it will as you say allow things to heal properly. 

Our self preservation kicks in at some point & protects us to a point from these mega stressful intervals in our lives & this is probably the case where you mention keeping things at arms length, we do whatever we need to do to get through don’t we? 

I’ll be thinking of you, sending lots of positive vibes your way. 

Nicola

• Hi Ian 

Good that the biopsy is out of the way and am really glad to hear that the whole experience wasnt too painful for you.

You sound like your getting through one bit of the process at a time and managing to keep sane!. Its really good that things are moving fast, it does help.

Hopefully this will all be sorted before you know it!! 

Deb x 

• Hi Ian, i’d been wondering how you were getting on. Very pleased to hear your dates for the meeting/ op are in the near future, nothing worse than being kept hanging around. It really does add to the stress. I was very sore after my biopsy, in fact I was sorer than after the chemo/ radiotherapy although the soreness went in 3 weeks. Please update us after the meeting x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good luck for the meeting tomorrow, so glad to hear they’re getting on with it all.

keep us posted, crossing everything for you to get a good outcome.

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Cheers Trish 

I'm expecting some kind of surgery tbh.

I'm actually more concerned about if we can get it done with the Covid19 about

Ian xx