Sarah and Nikki

• 3 replies
  • 38 subscribers

I don’t visit the site too often these days as I am 14 months post treatment and doing well. In fact it is a distant dream, apart from the mornings when I have to make frequent visits to the loo. They are not as bad as they used to be, and loperamide helps a lot. 

I wanted to say a big thank you to Sarah and Nikki. They never cease in their support for others going through the same treatment, with their understandable fears, concerns and questions. Every time I do check the site out, they are always there with their support, encouragement and understanding. You are tremendous ambassadors for us all, and I just wanted to say a big thank you.

Best wishes to all,

Pam

• Lovely to hear you are doing well!

I second your thanks to Sarah and Nikki.   The support on here is fantastic!!!

• Awww thank you so much  &  your words are very much appreciated & really mean a lot.

We’ve all been through this frightening diagnosis & I remember how scary & daunting it all was in the very beginning & how alone I felt. The support, encouragement & kind, understanding words from others that were through the other side of treatment helped me so, so much, I didn’t feel so alone anymore & when & I connected & supported one another through treatment I realised even more how important it is to have someone there that understands exactly what you’re going through. Hopefully I can now offer that same encouragement & reassurance to others too. 

Thank you once again for your very kind words. 

Nicola xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

Lovely to hear from you and glad you doing well. I’m just little further ahead then you, 16 months NED. I’m still living with the aftermath of treatment. Toilet issues, stenosis but nothing that gets in the way of life, unless I eat a lot of fibre!

Thank you so much for your kind words, I will share these with Macmillan as they like to hear positive feedback from patients who use the site. Its lovely to hear that our advise his helping others and that really is the main reason I volunteer.

When you’re diagnosed with cancer its a very scary place and you think the worse about treatment, your mortality etc. However, the reality is very different. Treatment is short and manageable, yes there are lingering side effects but over time they diminish and most importantly the treatment is very effective and the cancer is curable.

So I really want people to understand that it won’t be as bad as they imagine and to also talk about a stigmatised cancer. The more we talk about it, the more we normalise it. 

All the best.

Sarah x