New Skin

• 3 replies
  • 38 subscribers

At this time exactly 2 weeks ago I was walking out the Cancer Centre after my 28th of 28 radiotherapy sessions. Well I say walk, I was hobbling lol.

Fast forward 2 weeks and after a couple visits back up due to a extravasation I had during week 5s chemo I can report I have nearly all my new skin in. It's so beautiful and soft and pink haha. I only have a tiny bit horrible burnt shedding skin left at the top of my bum cheeks. I didn't think I would ever heal with the state it was all in that day two weeks ago but it has.

So for anyone going through this journey right now I just want to say we all heal in our own time, there is light at the end of the tunnel, it does happen and for me luckily in only 2 weeks!

Claire Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

Lovely to hear from you and great that you're doing so well. Its amazing isn’t it how quickly the treatment passes and how quickly our bodies begin to repair. 

You’re doing really well to have new skin after just two weeks. You’re right everyone heals differently, my skin took much longer to heal but I had a severe skin reaction.

Side effects can linger for a number of months. So be kind to yourself, don’t jump back into things too quickly.  The radiation remains in your system for up to 12 months so you can think you’re okay then suddenly a side effect pops up.

All the best with your healing, keep in touch.

Sx

• Thankyou

Yes I've certainly got a long way to go and am taking each day as it comes Xx

• Hi Claire,

Its really great to hear you’re doing so well. Everything peaked for me day 11 after my last treatment but after that it really is amazing how quickly you heal isn’t it? Like you the top of my bum cheeks was the last to heal it’s seemed like every time I moved it split but I kept on moisturising & all came good soon after. 

Take good care of yourself as there’s still a lot going on internally but big congrats on your recovery so far.

Nicola x