Shoulder and knee pain

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 33 subscribers

Monday I start my 4th week and my lady garden is starting to get sore. The cactus in my but and the nettles in my front parts are starting to grow lol. But I'm creaming myself up like a Sunday gateaux and my bidet attachment is my best friend, I spend so much time with her. I'm now in a much better place thanks to you lot. I think in the beginning it's the unknown.

Just one thing, in the last 2 days I've started with pain in both my shoulders and a bit of swelling and pain in my left knee. I asked the radiologist if it could be that that's causing it. She said he doubted it but I'm to see oncologist nurse when I go Monday. I'm wondering if it could be the chemo tablets. I have rheumatoid and onset of osteo so wondered if it was the chemo that is setting it off. Thinking

• Hi , 

I too have osteoarthritis & I have hip trouble since treatment, maybe if you also have rheumatoid it may well  be a flare-up but I’d mention it to your oncologist or nurse on Monday just to be on the safe side, it’s always worth mentioning anything out of the ordinary so at least they can document it on your medical records. 

I had to laugh at the cactus, nettles & gateaux references I remember them so well lol… I’m so pleased you’re feeling in a better place now, it takes some getting your head around doesn’t it? I think it’s because once you have a diagnosis things move so, so quickly that you don’t really have time to come to terms with things! 

Nicola

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Nikki65

Yes I thought its probably a rhumo episode but I will mention it to her. Yes it seemed to go so slow at the beginning but this 3 weeks have gone so fast. Thankyou for everything you do to keep us sane. 

• Thank you for your kind words but you all keep me sane too!… it really does go quickly once you get into a routine, you’ll be done & on the road to recovery before you know it. 

Nicola