joining group

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 35 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hi everyone introducing myself as new to site , joined group as self isolating after stem cell transplant.

In hiding from germs in my den!

Hello group

Shazam

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to moomy

Hi moomy

yes the nurses work so hard, to keep you well. Had no phone call so everything must be doing A1.

Had some much needed rest , it drained me and the build up of going to.

Hope you and your family are okay, speak soon.

Shazam

• Hi  good to hear you did ok yesterday and you had a good sleep.

You need to send a friend request and that has to be accepted.

So hit the community name of the person you want to talk with then under their name you will see ‘Add Friend’ ......once the other person accepts your quest you are up and running.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Shazam Hospital visits can be very tiring travelling there, the waiting for treatment and tests the worry  of waiting for test results. My wife who had her transplant back in October 2019 had to go 3 times a week for blood level checks she used to go straight to bed when she got home absolutely wacked out. Glad you got some sleep, top up the energy levels as treatment can cause a lot of fatigue, your test results must be ok as you would have been contacted by now if not. Unusual for hospital transport to be waiting for you they normally keep you waiting for hours, i hope you will always be lucky with transport. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Cyprusfan

Hi Cyprusfan hope you and your son okay. I received my first food survival parcel today.

It is a great help.

Thinking of you both

Shazam

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Hope Thehighlander is doing okay, received my first food survival parcel this morning, which will be a big help.

Thinking of you and the group

Shazam

• Hi ,

hope the food parcel keeps you ticking over till you can arrange more! Daughter was amazed to get hers, don’t think anyone had publicised it as it was a couple of weeks back! They had begun to ration loo paper, she was thrilled that some was included!

Hugs xxx

Moomy

• Yes I am doing great  - now day 24 not that I am counting :) and did over 7500 steps while doing the garden over the past few days.

Good hear you have received your first survival pack..... we have been able to get a couple of deliveries booked for the next few weeks and a Click and Collect for tomorrow but holding my breath for into next month.

But our local butcher is doing deliveries now including fruit and veg and our big private run bakery is also doing deliveries so we won’t go hungry.

It’s our 41st wedding anniversary on a Tuesday so have a bottle of fizz in our order - why not I say.

Stay safe x

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember

Sorry did not answer your question. The cabbage started growing after five days, it forms another root, you just leave the root in the soil then  and just use the head. It keeps regrowing.

Shazam

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

That is fantastic, i am overjoyed for you and your wife, give her a big hug from me, and tell her congratulations, immensely enjoy your day and cherish every moment.

What an achievement, to be together so long, i just love an happy story like that, its so special. I cannot drink alcoh but i will have a smoothie thinking of you both.

To you both (big smoothie)

Shazam 

• FormerMember

Yes it all helps to survive , when your alone it does!

Hugs

Shazam