Stem Cell Transplant on hold part 2

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 17 replies
  • 12 subscribers

I posted on here before Christmas that my daughters SCT was on hold.

We saw consultant yesterday and we are being referred for CART-T now.  Going to see someone in Manchester Royal Infirmary this week.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this.

Thanks 

Ruth

• Hi Alice,

that’s GREAT!!!!!!

so happy for you

hugs xxx

Moomy

• Hi Alice the best start to 2020 you could wish for and I am sure it will take a while and may even feel like an anti climax, enjoy the moment if you can

John  

we all know this is a roller coaster ride, where we ride blind, never knowing where the highs and lows are
  • Great news Alice, I am so pleased for you.

Now to focus on moving forward and building on this new foundation ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Alice,

Thats absolutely brilliant news so pleased for you. I’m waiting for the results of my second scan, first one was completely clear , but it’s still nerve racking every time. Was in hospital over Christmas & new year with a fungal lung infection , was not looking forward to being on my own all over the holidays as there was no trains up to London. However my daughter came up & stayed with me , we both said it was the most relaxing Christmas we had ever had. No cooking , no washing up & we could have a doze whenever we wanted. Still missed the rest of the family though.

love Lyn x

• Thank you Lyn 

Taking a while to set in. I'm glad you had your daughter with you and you had a nice Christmas. I had a nice Christmas too my family came up to London. Wish you all the best for your next scan and hope your feeling better from your infection. 

Take care

Alice x

Alice x
  • Hello all

I wondered if anyone could offer some reassurance or support. I've had my Car-t in December scan all clear a few weeks ago. My neutrofils were at zero couple of weeks ago and I went to hospital with an infection. At the same time I noticed a slightly raised rash on my arm had for 2 weeks now showed to oncologist at the time in hospital she didn't seem worried but was still there a week later. I showed her again she referred me to dermatologist who scared the he'll out of me and took a biopsy so now got to wait for results.maybe week or more. I am worried even though there's lots to say car-t still working. Anyone else experienced rashes after treatment?

Many thanks

Alice x

Alice x
  • Hi Alice, good to hear from you but sorry about having to get a biopsy. I only had SCT but skin issues were part of my journey made worse by the fact that my type of Lymphoma was a skin Lymphoma. Let’s look for this to come back as being ok ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge