CAR-T day 3

• 6 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Well day 3 & things are going well have had a few temperature spikes & some nausea now & again but they have been dealt with very swiftly. Doctors still say it could all change hope it doesn’t but if it does I know it will be sorted out just as swiftly . My sister out law came today for a visit & pointed out some of the sights from my window. There’s the arch at Wembley , Primrose Hill with London Zoo in among the trees if you look hard enough & lots of other well know sights & buildings.

hope everyone is well

Lyn x

• Hi Lyn,

Great to read your update and I’m very happy that things have been relatively uneventful to date - long may that continue!

It’s great that you’ve got something to look out from your window - I think it helps to pass the time. I was looking over the hospital’s helipad for my allo SCT and it was always dramatic seeing it take off and land although sad to think of the people who needed to be transported in that way.

Here’s hoping things continue to go really well for you Lyn.

Greg

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Lyn,

Glad to know that things are going well so far. Fingers crossed that they continue the trend. 

My husband developed an infection soon after IVE chemo and has been in isolation with neutropenic sepsis for 10 days now. Hoping it doesn't affect his planned CAR-T treatment starting w/c 16th September. 

Sending positive thoughts,

Sxx

P.S.: I need to figure out a way to get notified immediately when you start a new thread. Didn't realise until today I've missed the other updates:-(

• Hi Lyn,

heres hoping for no worse side effects for you!

yes, decent views really can help, daughter was in a lead lined room in isolation in the Royal Free for over a week and it overlooked the Heath plus some local roads and the bus terminus which she watched a lot. It helped! 

Hugs xxx

Moomy

• Hi Sue, sorry to hear about the infection, but I am sure his team will get this back on track.

Look at the pictures below for you to set up your email notifications.

Look at the right of the SCT home page for 'Email notifications from this group'

Click on this and then click on your preference.

If you are still have problems after you have set this up tell me and I will connect site admin.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Thanks Mike. I followed your very helpful instructions and it works now:-). Sorry for the silence - just about keeping my head above water last week and a bit. x

• Good to hear from you Sue, good plan keeping your head up about the waves Thumbsup

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge