We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

New to the Community

If you've just joined the Community and aren't sure where to start, this is the group for you. Tell us what brings you here, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Someone will be on hand to welcome you and point you in the right direction.

Hormones

Kelg77
Posted by

Hi everyone,

i was recently diagnosed with breast cancer grade 2.

i was told that I was tested to see if I was HER2 positive, my result has come back as boarder line. My results have gone for referal.

has anyone experienced this and ended up having to have chemo?

I have to have radiotherapy but worried sick waiting on this result.

thanks

KTatHome
Posted by

Hi , I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis, I haven’t the experience that your looking for as mine is a different cancer type but wanted to welcome you to the online community. Can I direct you to the very supportive Breast cancer group, just click on the link below, you will see a join group button, and you can set how often you receive notifications. You could copy and paste your question into a new discussion and browse the earlier discussions to see if they are any help to support you, or wether you have something to add to help others, wIting is such a worrying time but better when your not doing it alone.

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_types/breast-cancer/discussions

if you haven’t already done so it helps to have something in your profile, I’ve put a link to the help section about that below

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/help_section/w/using-the-community/408/my-profile

I hope the links help

KT 

What is a Community Champion?

You can call the Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 0000 (7 days a week, 8am-8pm) or contact them by email.

Dreamthief
Posted by

Morning 

I can understand your frustration at having to wait for the 2nd HER2 test as it is a 'biggie' regarding further treatment.

There are two tests to determine HER2 If the first test (IHC) comes back as inconclusive they put the sample forward for the 2nd (FISH) a different type of test which gives a final negative or positive result. This can add another agonizing week of waiting before you get the full picture :-/

My wife was HER2+ positive and was given targeted biological therapies alongside chemotherapy and is a long drawn out treatment plan - Fingers crossed your results come back her2 negative and you dodge that particular bullet.

Do use the link KT has included and join the very active (and friendly) Breast Group: I'm sure the ladies there will give you a warm welcome, plenty of reassurance, support and somewhere to chat about cancer angst to avoid making it the elephant in the room at home.

Good Luck, G n' J