Helping my friend

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 58 subscribers

I have a friend who has cancer and I'm trying to encourage her to join an online group to support her. I have very little experience in social media/blogs. I wondered if there was a group who meet face to face online.

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to hear that your friend has cancer but you sound like a great friend to have at a time like this.

The Macmillan Online Community is divided up into cancer specific groups which your friend could join to ask questions, share experiences and get support from others who will understand what she is going through. It's available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and there's nearly always someone around for her to chat to.

If you click on this link you could see the type of groups that there are available for your friend to join. Clicking on any of the named groups will show you the ongoing discussions. Perhaps you could show this reply to her so that she can take a look around herself before joining.

If you want to ask anything else just click on 'reply' at the end of this post.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"