FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hi

im new to all of this,I don’t normally open up to people

but feeling very scared at the moment,

I was recently told that I have kidney cancer and am awaiting

an operation,but it has been complicated by having a heart condtion.

Just feeling a bit down at the moment

• hi

welcome to the online community, sorry you've had to come and find us

I'm not sure wether I felt more scared making the decision to go to the GP and request the investigation or once I'd been referred.

Once I was told I had breast cancer everything happened quite quickly and I suppose it was the waiting around that lead to the feelings of impending doom

As far as I am aware kidney cancer has quite a lot of investment in terms of diagnostics and therapies meaning that outcomes are actually pretty good.

Breast is also improving rapidly in terms of complete remission. 

The heart condition is a compilation but let's assume it is a controllable one.

You need people to chat to.  The site is pretty busy, which is both good and bad.  The breast group is always busy and they will chat to anyone. 

How are you with technology ???

hugs

Carolyn

xxxx

real life success stories to remind you that people do survive breast cancer

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_types/breast-cancer/f/38/t/115457

Dr Peter Harvey

https://www.workingwithcancer.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/After-the-treatment-finishes-then-what.pdf

• Hi  and a second welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us and so sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with Kidney Cancer.

The Online Community is a safe place to talk with people who understand and make friends.

A cancer diagnosis can indeed bring a lot of stress, confusion and questions on but talking with people who are on the same journey can help a lot so can I direct you to this link to our very supportive Kidney cancer group as this will open up your concerns to a wider audience who know exactly what you are going through at the moment.

Just follow the green link above, hitting ‘Join the Group’ tab just under the main group name, then go to the 'Start a Discussion' tab and set up your own Discussion and introduce yourself to the group - you could just copy an paste what you have in this first post.

You may find our various Macmillan Support Line Services to be helpful - call them on 0808 808 00 00 This free service covers Emotional Support, Practical Information. Clinical Information, Financial Support and Work Guidance mostly open 8.00 to 8.00 but check the link.

We do have our ‘Ask an Expert’. section where you can post questions to our mostly Volunteer Experts but please allow 2 working days to get a reply.

Our Online Information and Support Section  is a good place to find information covering cancer diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers.

Talking to people face to face can help a lot so check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area or a Maggie’s Centre as these folks are amazing.

When you feel up to it try putting some information in your profile. This really helps others when answering. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. Just click on YOUR username, select 'Edit Profile'. Put as much or as little in your profile and you can amend it at any time - you can see members profiles by hitting our forum names.

All the very best x

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge