Recently diagnosed

• 2 replies
  • 59 subscribers

I have had 3 biopsy’s and 2 coils fitted after vaginal bleeding. The last biopsy showed pre cancer merging into grade 1 cancer. The coils have not had any effect on the thickness of the womb lining. I could have continued with the coil and it might have helped but was advised to have hysterectomy.

I’m terrified. I’m overweight and have reduced functionality in kidneys and liver. I had a humiliating experience when I had to have a scan last time. The nurse was rude and sighed as she said it was going to be too difficult to do an external scan. She wanted to do an internal scan but I cannot tolerate that due to other issues. She then said I needed to help by holding my stomach out of the way.

so I may not be able to have surgery. The anaesthetic May be too dangerous, although I have had 3 already. But they were for shorter procedures. I have no idea what happens if the anaesthetist says it is too dangerous.

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community although I'm sorry you've had to find us.

I do understand how frightening the thought of having an operation is especially if you've had unpleasant experiences in the past. However, talking to others who have experienced the same procedure as you're going to have can help with some of those nerves and I'd like to suggest a group for you to join. 

As I know that a hysterectomy can be used to treat several different types of cancer, as well as benign conditions, I wondered if you could tell me what they suspect you might have so that I can direct you to the right group.

When you feel up to it, it would be really useful if could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Nina60, how dare the nurse treat u like that!

Try not to focus on the what ifs  n just see what the anaesthetist says.

You may find if u repost this in the Womb ( uterus) cancer group u get more support from folk who've been in a similar situation to you. Join that group then start a discussion, as u have done here.

Let us know how u get on with the anaesthetist.

Big hugs x

Sorry this crossed with Latchbrook's reply, which is much more helpful

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.