Secondary Bone Cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 59 subscribers

My sister has been diagnosed with secondary Bone Cancer in her spine and skull.   She does not live local to me but had come to stay for a while and I am concerned as she is losing the user of her left arm.  

• Hello , I’m sorry to hear about your sister, and how worried you are about her. I have a different cancer but if you are after experience of others who have or are caring for people with secondary bone cancer you may want to click on the following link to get to and join the secondary bone cancer group, you can then look through the discussion posts or start a new one to introduce yourself and ask any questions.

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_types/bone-secondary-cancer/discussions

It can be difficult as a friend or family member so there is also a group for those giving support 

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_experiences/being_a_relative_/discussions

If you want to talk through a medical condition with someone in the medical profession you may also find the ask an expert section useful, I’ll put that link to incase it helps you. 

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_experiences/ask_the_expert/

It helps others who answer you if there’s something in your profile that tells them a bit about why your on the forum. You can update your profile by clicking on your name/avatar in the top right-hand side of the screen, then selecting 'Edit Profile.' This will bring up a form to edit your profile. Remember to click save afterwards.

I hope you find the online community helpful and supportive for you.

Best wishes

Take care KT

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to hear that your sister has secondary bone cancer and that you're concerned that she's losing the use of her left arm.

I'm not sure if your sister is still staying with you or if she's now gone home but did you discuss your concerns with her and is it something that she was aware of?

It may help you to join the secondary bone cancer group where you could ask if this symptom that your sister has is something that others are aware of.

To join just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself or post a question after selecting 'start a discussion' or join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

When you feel up to it, it would be really useful if could pop something about your sister's journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"