Recently diagnosed with TNBC and pregnant.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 60 subscribers

Hi guys,  not sure where to start on this one... I just spend so much time trying to find the good in other people’s stories. I found a lump in my right breast at the end of dec 18 and with in the same week i was starting treatment. I am 27 with a 2year old boy and 26weeks pregnant with a little princes so it’s safe to say, fear and shock are playing a massive role in my life right now.  I’m very positive and strong but I can’t help but crumble sometimes , tormenting myself with what ifs, what if it’s spread, what if it doesn’t work, what if I get prognosis and not cure... it’s a very scary place to be in. I’ve had Ct scans which shown it was just in my right breast, nothing else affected but I’m still panicking thinking this may change. After my first chemo, my lump has shrunk By half  and I’ve had my 2nd round 5 days ago and I’m so nervous hoping it will shrink even more. I’m hoping there’s someone in a similar situation who can help ease my mind at such hard times. If it’s shrinking, is it working? I’m just so confused! Thank you Blush xxx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello.I am sorry to hear about your situation. I had TNBC now nearly 2 years ago.And yes if it's shrinking the chemo is working.I had 4xEC and 3 Paclitaxel regime.Initially my tumor was 4.1 cm and had 1 lymphnode affected.After the chemo the lump shrink almost to nothing and had no lymphnode involvement anymore.so they just removed 5 lymphnodes and had lumpectomy.And now 2 years on I am 41 and pregnant.Just had my 2nd year mammogram and it's all clear.

So yes shrinking is a good sign.I was having scans after each 2rounds of chemo and although had some mental issues I was happy when they told me that was getting smaller.For me the chemo was the worst part. Surgery recovery was for me fast and had no issues with radio.

I hope for you all goes well too.

Sending hugs

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Denisa, Thank you so much for your positive reply and a massive congratulations on your pregnancy... how amazing Blush 

its so lovely to hear of what sounds like a strangely horrendous but manageable time for you, you’ve really lifted my spirits, a good little boost of hope is what I’ve needed this morning. The chemo is just making me tired, little bit achy and my mouths a little sore... pregnancy hormones are a little high at the minute too, I cried yesterday cause my healthy shake was too thick and wouldn’t come out the lid ... that’s all’s it took for me to crumble , what a dope!!

How did you handle your scans... I’m a bundle of anxiety, I’m looking forward to them but so scared of the results. It’s just such a massive pain in the bum isn’t it, how inconvenient to us all hay! 

My lump had progressed pretty fast, from the doc saying 1.2cm and the surgeon saying 3.4cm to it actually being 7.5cm on the day of my first chemo, from my first check it’s actually gone down to 3.5 so that was a massive uplift, gave me the courage to shave my head too which I think we all dread but it’s been really easy for me to cope with. 

Ive saw EC mentioned a few times now, I’m unsure what it is? My plan so far  is 4x AC every 3 weeks I think that’s Doxorubicin, Cyclophosphamide, paclitaxel and then 12 rounds of carboplatin... surgery and then radiotherapy. 

Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hello.I am glad I helped a little bit.Must be hard for you be pregnant and have go through the treatment.But you will get there.You need to look after yourself, be careful this time around sick people because chemo has impact on your immunity.Drink lot of water and of possible lots of healthy food.I was really surprised with my pregnancy.During the treatment I have asked my oncologist about the pregnancy and she looked at me like I am a mad person.I was suffering anxiety from chemo because they always left me to wait for the chair at least 2 hrs.Now even if I just have to go for mammogram 1xa year and for pregnancy checks I come into the hospital and feel really nauseous and sick, it brings me back all the memories.Yes the waiting time for the scans and another treatment is nerve wracking.

The EC regime was Epirubicyn and Cy... something.I already forgot:) I was using the cold cap,which helpedbut after a while I got fed up with it and  just let my hair to fall out.My hair started to grow back when I was on Paclitaxel and now I have thicker hair and I have a proper pony tail.I am here if you want to ask some questions

Denisa

• Hi , a very warm welcome to the online community and congratulations on your pregnancy!

I can completely understand what a worrying time this must be for you so could I suggest that you join a couple of groups where you can ask questions and get support. The first is specifically for triple negative breast cancer while the second is the much busier breast cancer group. The latter has a monthly thread specifically for chemotherapy which you might find useful and I'm sure the forum members there will point you in the right direction to post in that.

To join either or both of these groups just click on the links I've created and then choose 'Join this group' on the page that opens. You can then respond to existing posts by clicking on 'Reply' and start your own by choosing 'Start a discussion'.

Could I ask that when you have a minute you pop something about your cancer journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering, or looking for other people with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this just click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Wishing you all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thank you for your reply, I’ve updated my profile... hope this helps xx