Lost my step dad on the 25 January 2019 to mutiple myeloma and am lost

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 61 subscribers

Am so lost an angry right now i lost my step dad to mutiple myeloma and i just dont understand why he was only 51 started running for charity doing 5k then went on to do marathon after marathon all for myeloma uk to fall ill in August to have 5 months undergoing chemotherapy and radiotherapy that nearly killed him 3 times it tryed taking him but he wanted to marry my mum we had it panned for the 23rd feb but doctors said to bring it forward so they did they got married on the monday an my dad died on the friday am sorry its all confused its because i am so confused please someone help he died in pain in so much pain i need to know that wasnt right please help 

• Hi Chelsie

i am so sorry for your loss. I don’t have any words that will make everything ok for you unfortunately. Cancer isn’t fair. 

I hope that in time the fact your Mum did get married to your step  Dad will be a positive thing.

He sounds like he was a real fighter and really wanted to marry your Mum.

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. 

Paul

What is a Community Champion?

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Paul1969

Hi paul thank you for taking the time to read my post sorry for late reply my heads in a wiriwind and am still confused thank you so much for replying means alot xx

•   

Please accept my sincere condolences Chelsie for the loss of your stepdad. It sounds like you were very close.

Feeling lost and confused is a normal part of the grieving process. I see that you have joined the bereaved family and friends group and I'm sure if you post there you will get support from others who will understand what you're going through. If you're not sure how to get back to that group just click on the link I've created.

If you feel that you would like to talk to someone about how you feel then I can recommend calling the Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 0000. It's free to call and available every day from 8am to 8pm.

Sending a supportive ((hug))

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"