Op to remove bcc on face

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 59 subscribers

My experience seems tiny compared with that of many others.  3 days ago I had a bcc removed from my nose, left nostril.  I knew there'd be stitches, bruising, etc.  Plastic surgery involved and a flap of skin used as cover.  But I wasn't prepared for the disastrous mess!  Stitches from between my eye brows, into my eye socket, down the side and across the top of my nose, which I think may take a long time to heal as I'm past 70.  Today I feel really low and wish I hadn't had it done.  My daughter and her family are staying at my home as they are holidaying in uk from abroad, but other than them and one best friend I really don't want to see anyone.    I'm widowed but seeing someone, and I can't even think of seeing him - keep telling him to stay away!  Is it usual to feel so depressed after quite a small op?

• Hello and welcome to the community, although sorry to hear how you are feeling after your surgery. I do not know about bcc, but I notice you have joined the Skin Group . If you post your concerns in the group, someone who has had a similar experience may be able to offer help and advice. Best wishes.

Best wishes to All,   rily.

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion ?

• Hi Libys,

i am 76 and over the past 12 years I've had about 5 BCCs removed. I know they look pretty awful to start with but honestly they heal very quickly and microsurgery is fantastic these days. Keep applying the cream they give you and gently massage the area. If you go to your local health shop there is an oil available which really helps with scarring. Good luck and I'm sure all will be well. You are still the same person as you've always been x

Mo42
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Mo42

Thanks Mo42.  It's reassuring to know that you've been where I am now and come through not too badly.  They didn't give me any cream at the hospital, but they were in a rush to get me out so may have forgotten. When my face has recovered enough to face the world I'll go and see what the health shop has available.  So far it's just my usual face cream

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Libys. Thanks for your reply .

the hospital just told me to bathe my nose in salt water then us eye antibiotic cream for first 2 weeks.

then use Vaseline . On the sea were skin graft was taken I was advised to use E45 cream . That does seem to be working x