Not Out Yet!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 13 replies
  • 46 subscribers

So I go prepared 4 the worst- no more treatments left - and I come away with a new regime 2 try...

I'm not expecting miracles but the Onc has given me another regime 2 try - Carboplatin! I've had one dose of it previously in conjunction with another drug last year but that was just prior 2 my v scary 2 week admission 2 hosp with Sepsis so it was pulled cos I felt so dreadful.

I was expecting "that conversation" & had worked myself up 2day. But went back 2 work & could still function. 

So now on a mini break from treatment till 3rd Jan. Roll on nxt week when I take off 2 Edinburgh 2 catch up with daughter & the xmas markets.

Hugs 2 all

WB xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi WB

So pleased some thing else was pulled from the hat.

Enjoy your break and time with daughter.

Take Care Ellie xx

"You Never Walk A Lone"

• Hugs to you too

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

So pleased to hear this and a big hug back.  Have a fabulous time in Edinburgh with your daughter, it does look so lovely at this time of year xxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Oooh platinum therapy. It’s an oldie but it’s got a long track record. Fingers crossed 

xxx

• that's the best news, I will hope for a miracle!

Have a great time with your daughter, and enjoy the Edinburgh Christmas Market.  xx

Tinalay 
    Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.
    Amy Winehouse.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Tinalay

Hi WB

How’s your break going? Is your daughter home yet? Mine will be back next week. Woo hoo!  

I hope you are having a blast and enjoying lots of Christmas parties 

xxx

• FormerMember

Thanks Daloni 

I'm back 2 work 2day & 2morrow then off on the train 2 Edinburgh 2 catch up with ma girl (who 2day is v stressed as it's her last ever exam!!). Long journey down but a good book & no doubt a wee snooze will pass the time.

Planning on squeezing lots into our short break including our fav Chinese restaurant in the whole wide world & a trip 2 the Lantern show at Edinburgh Zoo (it u get a chance google it).

Slumming it at her flat 4 one night then a treat of the Holiday Inn 4 the 2nd night then after a hearty breakfast we will begin the long drive home (her not me...I'm the sleeping co-pilot).

Can't wait 4 her 2 b home as xmas starts then including getting the tree up.

Start counting those days till ur girl is back Slight smile

Off 2 work I go...

WB xx

• FormerMember

That all sounds wonderful, WB. I am off to google said lantern show. 

Have fun. Safe journeys. Hugs n stuff 

xx

• I'm intrigued WB, which Chinese is your fave and why? 

The Chinese lanterns were up for my brothers wedding which was at the zoo, so I saw a few of them there. But it also comes to the park down the road from me quite regularly. So I've managed a wee donder round it once. Def recommend it! 

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Lass

Lass

We really like the Cool Jade which just happens 2 b across the road from the zoo but that's just coincidence. 

We also really enjoyed one in Berlin 2 years ago. However, that summer was one of the hottest ever so I couldnt enjoy the food 2 the max as I was melting. But seeing the chef cut up the whole duck in front of us was amazing - that was one sharp machete!!!

Just hope the weather improves cos public transport was affected, lorries overturned & the markets closed 2day...

Ciao

WB xx