No Evidence of Active Disease

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 12 replies
  • 50 subscribers

I was told yesterday that after almost two years since diagnosis, I reached ‘No Evidence of Active Disease’. I couldn’t be more grateful to the everyone who helped me. I’m  thrilled to have got to this point. Yet I keep crying. Hopefully this will pass.

Anyway, tests will be repeated in four months, but for now I will enjoy. I just wanted to let all you lovely people know as I don’t think anyone else can understand how I’m feeling.

• This is amazing news Cherabell! You must feel elated.

Xx

Flowerlady x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Cherabell

wonderful news I am so pleased for you. Take care xxx

• That's fantastic news, I'm over the moon for you! Have a good cry and then celebrate your socks off xx

Tinalay 
    Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.
    Amy Winehouse.
  • Hi Cherabell, great news. I do indeed know how you are feeling. In April I was told I had gone from incurable to inactive. I walked around with a big smile on my face for weeks too. It is very emotional isn’t it? I have to stay on the Letrozole for life now, to keep it inactive, A small price to pay! Maybe eventually you will be told something similar.

It is a huge encouragement to everyone on here when one of us is able to give this sort of news. It is hope and a lift for us all.

You will slowly come back down to earth of cloud 9, and pick up on life again, just make the most of it and enjoy your new life.

love and hugs

Maggie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear cherabell, congratulations on your good news, now go and enjoy your life with a new spring in your step. After 2 long years there is bound to be a need to release a lot of pent up emotion, so let it all out, take a deep breath, then carry on putting one foot in front of the other and resist the temptation to keep looking in the rear view mirror, instead concentrate on the road ahead. Life is for living, loving and laughter.

best wishes 

jane

• Hi  and , fab news from both of you. Would you consider adding your story to the Positive secondary BC stories thread on the Secondary Breast Cancer page on here? I'm sure that others would love to read your news.

Point down tone1Point down tone1Point down tone1Point down tone2Point down tone2Point down tone2Point down tone2

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_types/breast-secondary-cancer/f/breast-secondary-cancer-forum/186433/positive-secondary-breast-cancer-stories

noswad1
    Where there's hope, there's life!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Amazing news well done keep that smile going 

Kymxx

• What wonderful news for you great to hear good news.

Each day a blessing stay strong 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

That is wonderful news. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I’m not surprised one bit that you keep crying. It’s been a traumatic couple of years, I’m sure, where you’ve had to face horrible treatments, horrible side effects and looked into chasm of your own mortality. I dare say you barely even recognise yourself when you look in the mirror.

For what it’s worth, I’d say that even though you have no evidence of active disease and have every reason to celebrate, you’ve still got a lot of recovering to do. I’d also suggest that it’s worth paying attention to this and treating it as your next project. 

So yes, please do celebrate and look forward. But don’t beat yourself up if you find you can’t - or can’t keep it up. I guess we all know the drill. Eat well, exercise in moderation, be kind to ourselves, practice meditation. I have found counselling useful up to a point and beyond that point I’ve found touch-based therapies such as massage to be more helpful in letting go of the trauma I carry in my body. 

You’ve had some really excellent news. Hang on to it but it’s going to take time and effort before you really internalise it. 

Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Wonderful news, Cherabell. Let yourself cry, then celebrate!

(Hope this works!)