Pessimistic and no faith!

• 239 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Morning all, hope you are all keeping well.

Had an appointment with my Oncologist yesterday, he authorised another 9 chemo's. But I haven't yet had a scan to see what effect the first round of chemo has had. He said on the basis of questions he's asked  me, my responses and the look of the area concerned is a clear indicator that the chemo has had some effect on the tumour. This is positive news right? But still I am mentally unable to accept it and remain pessimistic to safeguard myself. I believe this is because I have no faith and went through such a bad rollercoaster time when they were trying to find a diagnosis. I mean amongst other mishaps they completed a scan and advised me it wasn't cancer I had a bleed. Yeah right, I actually had a 15 cm tumour, how the hells bells do you miss that on a scan huh!! Now when they give me positive news, I struggle to accept it as I'm so scared they'll give me hope but then only take it away again down the line. Does anybody else feel this way?

Food shopping today and I think a cream cake is in order! Hope you all enjoy your day whatever it is you may be doing. 

• Morning Maria, Have a great cardio team, always have, so heart problems are well managed, plus you learn to live with them. saw cardiologist yesterday for results as i have been having unusual chest pains due to being electrocuted  recently and she's happy it's nothing permanent. hope you have recovered from your  Durham trip and have plans for the weekend

Eddie

• Good to hear and glad the electrocution episode is nothing permanent thank goodness. I'm better than I was thank you but to be honest I've been tired all week. Weekend is not great as Friday was at hospital for bloods, I'm at hospital today for scan and hospital tomorrow for chemo. So not had much time to do anything but such is. How about you? Are you having a lovely weekend?

• I had a treat with my family yesterday and watched one love with Bob Marley at a theatre/cinema. I even managed to eat mild Caribbean food. I am Jamaican so the new me really is different to what the old me could eat. I sat down in the seat and had a panic attack that chronic back ache was going to attack me as I had forgotten my neck cushion, but thankfully I was ok. It was fun. I hope your scans/treatments go well. Mine are next week.

• Morning Marie, had 4 appointments Friday so my weekend is clear, gardening, walking  the dog and a little baking for family get together later today. My partner has just got back from Australia, goes every year, been there 4 months as she has SAD really bad. so feeling good emotionally. Happy your feeling a bit better, good luck with your scan and chemo tomorrow, I find a massage good for the body and mind, take care.

Eddie

• Ah that's fab!! I was curious as to whether or not it was one to watch but I shall wait until it's on Prime. I get anxious too when I go to the cinema/theatre. No idea why I use to go often previously. Think we are just extremely vulnerable battling this dreadful disease. I'm sorry you had a panic attack but you was very brave getting through it and continuing on to have a good night. It's lovely that you managed to eat some mild Caribbean, same here, I love the spicy but have to watch my chilli intake. Thank you for the well wishes, scared about the scan results!! Fingers crossed huh. Good luck with yours too. 

• That sounds like a lovely weekend. Wow back from Australia, how lovely!! Sorry to hear about the SAD mind and really sorry you can't be there with her. It must be nice to have her back. Thank you for the well wishes and enjoy your family get together later and the yummy baking. 

• Tried to go to Aus this time, even bought a ticket but couldn't get more than 5 clear days so with travelling time and jet lag not really worth it, maybe? next year.

Eddie

• Hi Lindasue, sorry to hear about your panic attack, used to have an occasional one as well, I did a wellbeing therapy course which has really helped me. take care.

Eddie

• awwww that is a shame. Yes, next year it is. Chemo today so up and on it. Hoping I'll be first in, first out. What plans have you for today?

• Morning Marie, all the best for chemo, i always like early hospital appointments as less chance of picking something. up and you heal quicker in daylight. My partners back from Aus so couldn't be happier and i have a massage this afternoon, have 3 calls to hospitals to make and baking for tomorrow, for therapy group as a little thank you,

Eddie