A week of hell

• 54 replies
  • 53 subscribers

Hi everyone

From last Sunday I began to feel unwell and I became increasingly worse with shivers until unbeknown to me, she had contacted the emergency number of the cancer unit of MacMillan NI. An emergency ambulance was on its way and I was fast tracked. I was packed in ice which was not pleasant at all, to try to lower my body temperature which was 39.7, yet by today is 38. I've been diagnosed with neutropenic sepsis..I could have died 

Tvman xx

• What a horrible thing for you Tvman! Thank goodness your OH acted so quickly!

I hope you are feeling better. 

Take care.

Patmart 

• Hi everyone, I have to thank each and every one of you that replied and wished me well, I'm getting very emotional here. Wow that was the worst I have ever been. I still have an infection somewhere and I'm having intravenous antibiotics 3 or 4 times a day which has changed my life considerably. I had what I thought was another Covid test after a heart valve scan looking for an infection but it was a virus test. It could be a long time in hospital until the source of the infection is found...

In the meantime I have my second family.

Take care everyone

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Yes it's better safe then sorry...good they make sure you're all okay before letting you go. I'm so glad you are in safe hands there. Sending you a big hug!!!

• Hi tvman at least they are sorting you out so you are in the right place you keep fighting on and get well quickly and yes we are your family and we will all be rooting for you to get better loads of love and hugs xxxxxxxxxxx

Flippen
  • Glad you're in the best place to be looked after, Tvman. Hopefully they'll pin down the source of infection soon and get you back out into your garden.

Much love,

Stuart x 

• Boring for you to be kept in hospital but you will need to be until they have finished the course of anti and got your temperature down. 

they may not find the source of the infection. Have you any cuts on your skin ?

the main thing is to treat it and then you can carry on as normal.

pit is so good they treated you in time.

live xxx

Ruth 

• Boring for you to be kept in hospital but you will need to be until they have finished the course of anti and got your temperature down. 

they may not find the source of the infection. Have you any cuts on your skin ?

the main thing is to treat it and then you can carry on as normal.

It is so good they treated you in time.

love xxx

Ruth 

• Hi ,

Sorry you are having such a rough time, hope antibiotics work and you can get home soon

x

• Hope things are looking up for you now TVman and the antibiotics have worked their magic! 

Get well soon.

Best,

Fi xx