Coming to the end

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 55 replies
  • 53 subscribers

Hi all Jim788 here had consultation  this morning both agreed since my last chemotherapy  11th may unfortunately  for me didnt work very well decided  to stop any further  chemotherapy I feel quality of life is more important  than length  of time and  will get some pain relief organised start living what's left  of my life with no discomfort who knows how long one has sorry about content  sending pain free vibes to you my second family

• Hi

Like the others, sad you are where you are, but glad you are making the decisions which are right for you, along with others on here. Hope the painfree life is realised and you can do the simple things which give us happiness, or at least pleasure for a time. Am sure we would all like to raise a glass to you.

x

• Hi Jim, I'm so sorry the chemo didn't work for you! I think quality is better than quantity too. I think we all know that at some time we will all have this decision to make and when the time comes we will each know what to do!

I hope you live pain free for a very long time, making memories with your family and friends! The experts actually don't know it all!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi 

I'm so sorry to read that you have had to wait 2 weeks before you got assistance. I wish I could tell you about something that would give you pain relief but I can't get any myself. I'm on the highest morphine that my GP will give me but that doesn't help me at all.

When I'm walking around my veg plot or bending over working at it, the pain is low to start with but in a very short period of time my lower back honestly feels like it's going to break. What pain that is and it only starts to subside when I sit, so to think you can't get any relief fills me with fear. I really feel for you, you're so brave. And of course a good friend.

Please can you get relief dear Tinalay.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Dear Jim,

As other people have said I'm sad that you are where you are but glad that you have been able to take control by making the decision.

Good luck to you for some happy times ahead without having to worry about chemotherapy and so on.

Best wishes 

Sarah 

• Very sorry to hear your treatment did not work Jim788. I found out the same thing a few weeks ago and it is really difficult to carry on being positive. I hope you feel alright and are not in pain. Courage xx

Flowerlady x
  • I am so very sorry to hear that you have also suffered very bad news flowerlady. I hope there are helpful treatments in the near future.

• Don’t think doctors really can predict life expectancy.  To all here having to make a decision about continuing treatment I hope you have long, pain free lives.  Bless you all.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to flowerlady

Quite a few of us seem to be in the same position at the moment I’m so sorry   We all have our own reasons for making these very tough decisions about treatment but one thing we have in common is the need for some quality of life. I understand that for some people doing everything that’s on offer to try & slow things down is important and also important to their family & friends. I know how much you love your garden & being outside so fingers crossed that the warmer weather will lift your spirits. It’s very strange to be in this position, one where you’re expecting to deteriorate and are trying to limit symptoms. I’m trying to live in the moment but it’s hard. Sending you love & hugs. xx

• I am looking forward to the sunshine and the summer.

I definitely want the best memories now and not to put myself through more unpleasant treatments. Xxx

Ruth 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jim. Keep positive and live day by day.

I am terminal too. My chemo was stopped last year in June. I havnt asked how long I have got but try to enjoy the time I have.

I have blood transfusions every fortnight, they keep me going.

Try and keep busy if you can. That's what I try and do.

Enjoy the time you have Jim and don't get down about the situation. I know it's easy for me to say but I'm in the same boat as you and that is what I do.

Keep strong and enjoy lifeHeart