Update rosethorns

• 11 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi all, hope everyone is doing ok. I had my 4 weekly phone call from my oncologist yesterday which was just a catch up on how I am coping on cabozantinib. She said my bloods showed my bone reading was good so she wanted to give it another 4 weeks before requesting a ct scan. So another waiting game for me. 
on another note I absolutely loved my holidays abroad before all this so hubby rang around to see about getting travel insurance to cover me and him for a couple of weeks away when all is open. Well we can forget that . Due to my diagnosis and his medical history it’s gonna cost us about £3000 . That would be nearly as much as the holiday so I can’t see us going abroad again.

that’s my little update done.

keep your chin up everyone and sending love 

Rose xx

• No need to apologise, I am incurable, my consultant has not yet said I am terminal or given me a timescale, so I do not put terminal on the insurance. I always put down that I have cancer which has spread to my lungs, but I tick the not terminal box.  Has your consultant used that terminology with you? If he has said those words you are terminal then you must put that on your insurance. If he has not but has said you are incurable, then don’t tick the terminal box. It does make a huge difference to the cost of insurance.  

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge