Sunshine

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 42 subscribers

I find it amazing  what some sunshine  can do to lift ones spirits been feeling a lot more upbeat recently I can deal with my problems seems trickier to deal with thinks in the cold and wet my stomach  problems  are still there new meds are helping just have to get used to my bloated stomach Had NHS assessment for wheelchair yesterday can walk with a Walker for 10/15 minutes  max then knackered been told not eligible  for battery  operated chair as there for home use only dont understand  that one no matter I believe  I can buy my own battery  chair and NHS will give me the cost of a NHS chair have to wait and see on that one doesn't  really matter I am on PIP and haven't  got round to looking yet my Walker  has it's own seat anyway  all the best everyone  I do believe  theres a guy on this platform  from northern  Ireland well what can I say its always  Baltic  there from Belfast  boy living in Lincoln 

Jim788

• Hi 

Well, there you go. I was born in Belfast, in the Shore Road area just over 63 years ago. Have I understood your post right and you're a Belfast boy too?

Take care and stay safe Jim

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Sure Iam donegal  pass area born 1953 I left Belfast  feb 1972 have friends  live glengormerly true funny story my dad owned our house terraced in a street he was compulsory  purchase all that area no disrespect in my opinion  rebuild was bloddy awful lots of immigrants live there now Chinese  I went back to the old area and kids were playing near enough were I used to play what nearly made me wet myself laughing  when they spoke  with a Belfast  broughe Chinese  with a Belfast accent  I found funny

• Yes Jim, I know The Pass well. There's still a lot of Chinese there and there's also a Chinese cash and carry with lots of interesting things for sale. Nowadays all through Belfast there are different nationalities with a Belfast accent so it's not so unusual now.

I'm sure you'll remember at the Shaftesbury Square end of the road there was a traffic warden directing traffic and he had a nightmare of a job trying to keep the traffic flowing. There are traffic lights there now that are doing a good job. 

You left the area and missed the height of the troubles Jim and didn't have to go through that time. In 1972 I was 14 and still at school then. Best days of my life? Not sure about that.

Take care and stay safe Jim.

Tvman

Love life and family.