Memory Walk

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 69 replies
  • 43 subscribers

My brother in law was diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia at the same time as I was diagnosed with incurable but treatable metastatic cancer. It was estimated that he would need full time residential care within 4 years. My prognosis after gamma knife surgery to a brain & skull tumour was 6-18 months, possibly 2 years.

That was a year ago. My BIL died last May aged 70. He went from an emergency admission to hospital into respite care & then full time care in the first 3 months of last year, & by that time we were in lockdown. Difficult times.

I signed up for the Memory Walk before I needed a wheelchair, so wasn’t sure if it would count, but it is a workout, I was knackered after the first leg yesterday. No doubt it’ll get easier, looking forward to the next bit already. I’ll post photos & updates here so I don’t highjack another thread xx

• Well good morning Tinalay, I hope you have had some sleep and have just wakened early! I have not slept yet.

About your memory walk! Who is it run by and how many legs are there? If you have a Just Giving Page so I can sponsor your walk, please let me know, I am happy to contribute!

I know your BIL would not want you to overdo things and would want his SIL to look after her own health first, so please be careful!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Morning  the nerve pain woke me up at 3 & I’ve been wide awake since. Started gabapentin now so will up the dose tonight. I know you have many sleepless nights with pain.

I’m doing the walk for the Alzheimer’s Society & our son set up a Just Giving page with them, I’ll

see if I can find a link. It’s 20miles so I’m doing it in 3 mile chunks to start with. I was knackered after yesterday but I’m sure it’ll get easier.

I hope you get some sleep, sleep deprivation’s a form of torture. xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

My twin sister & niece Blush My sister & I have times when we’re very alike and very different. We try very hard to be different, adult twins aren’t cute! We have photos from our younger days where we can’t tell the difference especially as we swapped clothes & to my shame occasionally boyfriends xx

• Hi, That would be great thanks!

Great photo!  Swapping sounds fun!!!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Lovely photos, enjoy the walking and please share a link to the donation page. 

Sarah 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Salis

Rachael

thanks  

There are so, so many charities needing help, and I know everyone  already does what they can, so no expectation or pressure to support this event.

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

eeek!! Have reached £998 of my 1000 target!!! Over the moon, next lap on Friday with a couple of people walking with me, and some doing a virtual walk with me Blush xx

• Hi 

Well done you! It's a wonderful thing you're doing, I agree with Annette in watch you don't overdo it, I'm sure you're sensible enough though. A wise head on young shoulders.

Love the photo, but who's who? This is where I put both feet in, but are you the good looking young lady in the middle? In my defense, I'm useless at people's ages and faces. I don't know how many times I asked a customer if they had a pregnant bump and they didn't, just fat as one said to me, laughing. A please let the ground swallow me up moment! Lol 

Tvman xx

Love life and family.