Can I stay here?

• 34 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Hi All

I have just had some rather wonderful stunning news and it has thrown me. I am currently 'No Active Disease' and somehow I never expected this. After my recent lung op I had six nodules removed last week and I got the lab results back this morning. Only one nodule was confirmed rectal mets and the others were various scars, inflamed tissue and rubbish but no cancer much to the surgeons surprise. Also the lymph nodes were clear. Obviously the chance of it coming back is pretty high. The five year survival rate for stage 4 is around 5% but now it is a good as it can be. It has floored me to be honest. Scared to hope but I intend to enjoy every moment of life,what ever happens. I hope that I can keep chatting here or will I be thrown out on my ear for masquerading as not very well?

Watch and wait here I come. My husband has been refusing to buy me an eternity ring as he said he wouldn't get his moneys worth out of it. Perhaps I can pester him for one now?

• Hi Nicky

Not sure if you can stay here, not for me to decide. It's a tough one but of course if you can't, you have the incredible good fortune that you're NED. Hurray!!!

As for the eternity ring I hope you and your husband are talking with tongue firmly in cheek. If you're NED then make sure that you get him to buy you a very expensive gold one and pray that gold decreases in value. He deserves it lol.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • What brilliant news for you of course you can stay on here you are one of the family on here!!!!! 

Flippen
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Please stay!!!  this  is just the Best.News.Ever. and I’m over the moon for you. You absolutely deserve that eternity ring, my husband and I had the same dilema over a winter coat last year. ;)

It must be a huge thing to get your head around, have you met  from this group? You’ll remind us all never to give up hope and we would miss your posts greatly.

I’ve got a huge smile on my face & feel like a wee celebration is on the cards tonight Blush xx

• Amazing news, congratulations. 

Grinning

Much love, 

Stuart x

• Unusually I am lost for words. What a xxxxxxx result. You know any news like this perks the rest of us up.

What do you do, laugh a bit, cry a bit, wonder who to tell first.. you know you must stay on here just to tell SiT off.

Its just amazing. Xxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Norberry

Yes yes YESSSSS!!!! Please stay and keep telling me off!!! 

For variation you can collude with Pet1968 and refuse the Norbster any more cookies - even if he's not well...

That is just the kind of tonic we all need - well done NN and keep it up!!!

PS - who needs an eternity ring when you have a future... MARVELLOUS!!

• What lovely news, we definitely need you to stay, a beacon of hope for the incurables! 

Buy your own ring and tell your husband that you have bequeathed it to someone other than him in your will. 

Sarah 

• We are celebrating good news here Salis, you suggestion will get them an appointment at Relate.

Mr NN was only having a giraffe, I am sure he would buy Mrs NN whatever her heart desired.

( he will have to now, won't he?)

• Hi NN How fantastic your news is. I have almost left this group a few times because I have been NED a few times but the truth is I have friends here and want to keep in touch and find out how they are doing! You are one of us now so please stay and comment on whatever you like. I do go for spells sometimes where I don't post much but then something catches my eye and I think "that happened to me" and have to throw in my twopence worth!  Or something else crops up like dizzy spells etc that I want to know if anyone else had had them and what they did? This is a Life Line, I wouldn't like to loose!

Also new members need to know that sometimes there IS a light at the end of the tunnel so your good news gives everyone a boost!

Once the Jewellers reopen, you enjoy choosing that ring!! Stay on cloud nine for a while, you deserve it!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Nicky,

Brilliant news and there are precedents for staying here when you are NED so of course you are welcome.  The diamond factories in Amsterdam are a great place to shop for rings.  Perhaps you should suggest a nice short break in Amsterdam for a spot of shopping.

Gragon xx