Hello again.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 90 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Hello folks. So sorry for another absence from the site for reasons along the same lines as   I have been watching from the sidelines though and have had some good laughs and more than a few tears along the way.

I'm sorry to hear about your latest brain CT  and wish you the very best of luck with your treatment. Sounds like you're in groundbreaking territory and you're the right man for the job.

I thought I was doing ok on a reduced dose of chemo, but the blood & urine tests showed an infection which spread to my kidneys. I was really suffering with sciatica and then developed weakness and loss of control of my bladder and legs and ended up being admitted for an emergency spine MRI. The 1st scan showed that the spinal cord itself wasn't being compressed, phew, but flagged up another concern and a second scan.

The second scan shows leptomeningeal carcinomatosis, meaning the cancer has spread to the lining of the brain and spinal cord. It's rare, complicated and the prognosis is 4-6 weeks without treatment, 2-6 months with. The original brain tumour and bone tumours are all growing and the cancer markers have been climbing steadily since November.

Any treatment is to preserve mobility and manage pain but is high risk.

So I'm home on high dose steroids until the MDT meeting next week to see if radiotherapy is an option.There's 1 type of chemo on offer, again if the potential benefits outweigh the risks. It's my call, if I feel I can cope with more cancer treatment they'll try Eribulin providing the steroids keep things stable during the next 2 weeks.

it was a lovely boost to read your good news, thank you for sharing that, I'm delighted for you.

I've got some catching up to do and hope to have an uneventful couple of weeks to get there! xx

• Hi 

I had of course noticed you weren't around and you have no reason to apologise for your absence, it's great to have you back again. 

I feel so upset after reading about your prognosis, I'm shocked I don't know how you are but I'm glad you may have one type of chemo. If the benefit is to live and the risk is to die, it's a no brainer but life isn't as simple. Unfortunately.

I have had 3 or 4 stern faced doctors warning me about my spinal cord pressing on a nerve causing loss of control of my bladder or bowel. So far so good. I believe our good friend Annette had such an episode and had to go straight to hospital.

How I would love to take a medication to enable me to be able to walk, it troubles me more frequently than it did. O if I could climb the Mourne Mountains.

I hope you stay as positive as you can and continue to improve our site with your presence.

Take care and stay safe Tinalay

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi

You have been having a torrid time, and you have some big decisions to make after the MDT. Whatever, I really hope your mobility and pain can be helped. It is so lovely of you to rejoice in other people's good news when your own news is so hard.

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ownedbystaffies

Thanks   I hope everyone will always post their good news, it gives us all hope Blush xx

• What a treat to have you back Tinalay, you have been well missed. I know all of these decisions are made between you and the doctors but I want to keep you and I hope that things do go your way. Xxxx

• Oh Tinalay...what a bad time ..i don't know really what to say, i hope the chemo works and most of all you will not be in pain...sending you a big hug!!!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dearest Tinalay

Firstly, really REALLY happy to see you back here.

Secondly, may I say thank you for your very kind words even if I’m not so sure I’m worthy…

I am so very sorry to hear your news but equally hopeful you will achieve some respite with the treatment offered…

Huge Hugs

SimonT

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Tinalay, sad to read this and hope the oncology team can sort something out - we don’t want to lose you xxx Maz xxx

• Hi tinalay so nice to have you back so sorry to hear you having a rough time but you grab with both hands whatever treatment they give you loads of love and hugs xxxxxx

Flippen
  • Glad you are keeping us all informed I wish you all the best and hope they can help your pain xx

Ruth 

• Hi ,

Great to have you back with us again.

love and hugs,

Gragon xx