DS1500 form query

• 62 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi, I’ve requested a reassessment for PIP via report a change in circumstances option. I already receive daily living standard rate due to a long standing disability. Whilst I await  the assessment form I was wordering  whether anyone had been awarded high rate csre and/or mobility using DS1500 form and not having 6 months or less to live prognosis?  I’m on palliative chemo with a prognosis of 0-5% chance of living 1-5 years.  Older posts I’ve searched for are mainly some years old. Thanks 

• Many thanks, I looked at the help on here and have found a very useful reply with a number to call. Hopefully that will answer my question.

• Hi minimoo, a GP was happy to complete mine and my diagnosis was not six months or less to live.  Good luck. Jayne 

• Thanks Jayne. I do have a statement from my gp which states, palliative care, and poor prognosis which I will send with the form.

• Hi minimoo, who has completed the DS1500 form for you?   

• My sister and I have been doing it together. Is that not the right thing to do? It's all so new  to us, and not at all easy to answer some of the questions.

• Hi I was told only a medical professional could complete it, eg your CNS, Oncologist or GP - if of course they agree to. Once it’s sent, if agreed the higher rate components of PIP are paid quickly and  weekly not monthly.  I had agreement a few weeks ago. I would suggest you speak to a McMilllan Adviser tomorrow to clarify this as they are very helpful and informative.  Best of luck, Jayne 

• Yes I'll do that, thanks for being so helpful.

• Hi minimoo, These forms are not easy to fill in because they ask the same questions but in different ways so it can be confusing as to what they want to know. As Jayne said, get someone else to look at it or even help you fill it in. If you have made mistakes, phone and ask for another form.

The one thing I would advise is to copy the form before you send it. Then IF you are called for an assessment, read over it just before you go!  A lot of these things are like gobbledygook so you give up and don't complete them but you are entitled to this, so get help and persevere! Good luck,

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • I'm so sorry everyone, I got a bit confused and asked the wrong question. To clarify, I have the DS1500 which my doctor brought to me. It details my diagnosis and says 'poor prognosis'. It is the attendance allowance form which is the problem. There are two rates of benefit, the higher one is for people not expected to live more than 6 months.  There are different questions to answer depending on which you are claiming. That's where we are struggling because we can't know how long I have left. But I will call the number tomorrow and hopefully things will be clearer.