Bloody painful side effects from chemo so painful tummy and backache so much I have got up any tips

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 43 subscribers
  • Can you call your oncologist or nurse???

• . Sorry to hear about your discomfort. I experienced similar during a couple of cycles, after speaking to hospital and gp I was initially prescribed Tramodol (I didn’t get on with this) I then was prescribed oramorph which did the trick, I also found it helpful knowing the pain was temporary for me,  days 4 and 5 at most day 6.  This doesn’t detract from it but certainly helped

• Hi Charlotte Louise, I am so very sorry you have been hit with side effects, not everyone is, I believe. My cancer doesn't respond to Radiotherapy or Chemotherapy, so have had neither, nevertheless I know what side effects are like.               I think Pet1968 & Young man are right as this is something you cannot and should not have to, cope with on your own. Please contact your Oncology Team or GP or phone the 0800 number for advice from the McMillan professionals.

I am sure others who have been through this will reply later but part of the problem is no one is on the same drug mix and even if they were taking the exact same thing, everyone reacts differently!

PLease seek help, pain is one of the worst things to try to cope with, even although you think it may be worth it in the long run there are things you can get to help you cope! Please let us know how you get on!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!