Covid vaccine

• 4 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hi everyone

Great news about 7 this morning when the announcement came through that the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine has been approved for use in the UK and even better that those who are in the extremely vulnerable category will be first in line which hopefully covers all of us in our group. 

There is hope, however we mustn't let our guard down yet.

Take care and stay safe

Tvman x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi TV Man

I hadn't heard that we woulod be first in line... when I looked up BBC news it still said elderly, care home and NHS staff

• Hi 

The reports I heard was that the extremely vulnerable would get the vaccine first because it would stop them from becoming very ill and they wouldn't need to be admitted to hospital and that would mean the NHS wouldn't be overwhelmed with admissions to intensive care. 

I heard that on more than one occasion, our 36yo son who lives with us was moaning that he wouldn't get it for months one of the times we heard at dinner time!

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Morning  yes, I heard that too in relation to the OAZ vaccine, it makes sense as it sounds like some of our hospitals are already reaching breaking point. I was an emergency admission last NYE and bumped someone from their cubicle it was so busy. How are you doing in the Emerald Isle? I've sent you a pm but don't know if you've seen it.

You're right, there is hope but we mustn't let our guard down now! My husbands family live in Sydney and we've been watching the scenes from Sydney's North Beaches with a heavy heart.

xx

• Hi 

I'm grateful for your support on that, I read the BBC'S report on the website and I think it hadn't been updated , tbf I can understand why you said that. 

I also heard reports from Australia that they're considering closing state borders for an outbreak that we would love, love, love. Such small numbers. 

Tinalay, I have read your PM and I'll reply today or tomorrow..

Tvman xx

Love life and family.