immunotherapy started next road im on

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 28 replies
  • 45 subscribers

next road began yesterday immunotherapy will be taking injections for 5 days yesterday was not too bad woke up in the night feeling rather sick i have meds for it so had to force a slice of toast and a cup of tea lets see what today bring im hoping all will be as good as it can be

thanks for listening 

• Hi 

Not sure if I can help you here, but if you read the information given on the packet and you choose something high in calories, be aware of the saturated fats. Maximum recommended daily saturated fat is 20g. Be aware of trying to stick with that, otherwise there is a risk of laying down too much fat around your heart.

I had a heart attack 8 years ago and before I left hospital we were given education in reducing fat. I lost a stone and a half in a few weeks (I weighed 12st 4lb which wasn't that bad and get down to less than 11st through avoiding saturated fats.) I haven't had any heart trouble since I had heart surgery 5 months later. 

On the weight issue, since I went into the wheelchair 4 years ago, unfortunately I have put on 4st. Alas. 

Good luck in your quest Donc, I'm sure you'll succeed.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

thanks tv man the main problem is food uses two things to make taste fat and sugar i cant have sugar so must be fat i have lost about 5 stone just from the cancer and i need to stop it soo i will keep me eyes peeled for that bad fats thank u xx hugs xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Holy shit , just had a look at your profile and that's alot to handle in a very short time! I hope this combination of treatments will keep you as well as possible for as long as possible, and that your meds do the trick and you have lots of good days. xx

• Dear Ruth! If I intend to be here for next Christmas, then I expect you to be there too! We've had a long journey together, so long May it continue! You'd better believe it my friend!!!!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Donc, I thought I had answered this already but when I replied to Ruth, the one for you disappeared! Strange! Anyway the best sickness tablets and the only ones that work for me are Prochlorperazine 30 msg and you put 1 under your top lip on top of your teeth and allow it to dissolve! Before I got these, I thought I wasn't going to be able to stay on the trial drug. I still keep some in my medicine bag, just in case! I hope this new treatment works its Magic for you!! Good luck!

By the way, my private message page still isn't working!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Norberry

sounds like a great plan xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

thank u so much will do all it takes to be here for longer with my amazing family that are my world now and forever xx hugs xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

i love your end quote is soo true for us all xx hugs xx