PROBLEMS!!!

• 10 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi, I am wondering has anyone else had problems with the PM'S (personal messages) on this updated site?  Also some "friends" have disappeared from my list!

I can see PM's from 6 years ago up to 11 months ago but nothing AFTER THAT! I do know I have written and received them but just cant find them here.

Also, on the other site, you could enter a username and view their latest activity, so you know what has been happening if you haven't managed onto the site for a while. Does anyone know if it is still possible to do this on here and can explain how you get that information? 

I am what Id call computer literate but this updated site just doesnt make it easy! There must be a computer Guru here who is having no problems at all! So will you please identity yourself, so we can pick your brains!  When things are so very different, i think a Uuser Guide would help to run through the functions the site now has.

Any thoughts on this anyone?

• Ps things like, when I post a reply, my signature is automatically added at the bottom. It didnt do that here and when I pressed More to edit it, that didnt work either.

Take Care Love Annette x

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Annette

Sorry, I didn't know that you were missing friends from your list. I have the very same problem and I contacted admin who came up with, not a repair, but a remedy.

If you look at your list of friends, from top to bottom, and then keep scrolling down to the bottom of the page as far as it goes then go back up towards your list of friends, you will hopefully find your full list of friends. That works for me but bear in mind I am using Android. 

Hope that works for you too. I told someone else in our group about that, I think it may have been Ruth. Was it you Ruth ?

Take care and continue to improve Annette, it may be slow but hang on in there please. 

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi Annette

In admin's list of site updates, probably below the posts here, you'll find that the bottommost one explains it. It's:

Fixes and issues - an update for members, September 2020

Click on the link for an explanation.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • I have now found my friends and have accepted you as a friend xx

Ruth 

• Hi Annette

Sorry that i do not  have the answer. i seem to have no friends or if i have  cannot find them, Hope some one can help you.

Ellie x

• Hello ,

It’s Steph from the Community team, I hope you don’t mind me posting here in the group today. I noticed you were having a few issues and wanted to reach out and offer some help.

In case it’s also helpful, you can find our Help Section here, which includes user guides, FAQ and a dedicated Help Group for any questions about using the Community.

I have answered your questions below, I hope it helps that I have separated it into sections, to make it easier for you to find each answer.

PMs

Your PMs should display the most recent messages at the top of the list. Please check that you're looking at 'all messages' and not just 'unread'. If you're still not seeing all your PMs we’ll need to investigate further. I will send you an email shortly so we can look into this for you.

Friends 

Thank you to  for helping with your ‘friends list’ question. When you visit your friends page, please scroll right to the bottom of the web page to allow all the content to load. When you scroll back up, you’ll be able to see all your friends.

Searching for members and recent activity

You can use the search bar at the top of your page to search the Community for users or specific content. If you’re on a mobile, click the ‘magnifying glass’ to launch the search bar. If you want to search the whole Community, search from the homepage.

Once you’ve found a member’s profile, you can click on ‘activity’ to see all their posts. On a mobile, you click the small arrow next to ‘more’ to see the options. To load everything, scroll to the very bottom of the page.

There’s been a recent question and answer about searching the Community here in the Help Group, in case it’s helpful.

Signature

Your signature is the name or message you’d like to appear at the bottom of all your posts. You can edit your own signature on your settings page. It’s towards the bottom under the ‘options’ tab. If you’d like to find out more about updating your profile, you can find this here in the Help pages.

I do hope this covers everything and is helpful, but if you need support with anything else at all, please don't hesitate to get back in touch. I will be in contact by email to make sure you have everything you need and to look into your PM issue shortly. 

Kindest Regards,

Steph
    Online Community Officer
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi anndanv. I can't help you at all, I just wanted to basically agree with you that this site is one of the most difficult sites I have ever had to navigate.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have to say that the is one of the most difficult sites I have ever had to navigate

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sssssss

• Thank you everyone for your replies! I have spent some time trying things out and reading the Help Updates and think at long last I am almost there in understanding how the site works.

Apart from the Personal Messages Section! Steph I have not received your PM, or your PM Ruth, the only ones I have seen and replied to have been from GBear! Then after I have replied, they seem to disappear too. When I look at the list of messages on the left hand side I only see ones from 6 months, 11 months and even longer! As I have been lucky, like a few others, that a Trial drug worked for me, i have been here for some time now and like others find it upsetting when the messages are from people who haven't been as lucky and have died!I wonder if it is possible to clear these older messages in the hope the new ones will be seen? I do hope so!

Steph, please send me an email if you have further questions or have any ideas how I will get to see new messages!

Please persevere everyone, so we can get our Group back to the way it used to be. Then we can support one another plus anyone new who needs our help!

By the way, the recovery from Coronavirus is much slower than we imagined and has taken it's toll on both my husband and myself. However slowly but surely we are getting there!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!