No treatment

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 38 replies
  • 47 subscribers

AHad a letter from Onocoligy looks like that’s it. I asked about trials and they say not any trails going on.Is it worth getting a second opinion or am I wasting my time?

They are ringing the end of this month so I have time to think what to do.Any advice would be helpful.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks for your reply.I hope you feel better soon.Your oncologist sounds good,I haven’t seen mine since before the COVID started.I spoke to her in January but have had others on the team since then.

Take care Hibiscus

• FormerMember

Hi AP7, sorry to hear this but never give up hope, your oncologist sounds a diamond,  everything crossed for good news in the not to distant future, 

stay strong and positive.

xx

• FormerMember

Thanks she sounds really good.Ive been looking at the trials I’m not sure what to do so I will get hold of my cancer nurse and have a word with her.sorry to hear your feeling  bad I hope you get betTulipr soon.Tulip

• You shouldn't be struggling like this Peggy24, I do feel for you. I have said this before but have you got any family or strong minded friends who can put a flea in their ear for you? 

You should not be running yourself ragged, other people are paid to do that on your behalf.

I hope something will turn up for you. X

• Hi Peggy24 I do feel for you at the moment and totally agree with what norberry has said you shouldn't be trying to work out which trials to go on yourself this should be a discussion with your consultant and medical team you need to speak to them they should be helping and doing everything they can to help and support you big hugs xxx

Flippen
  • FormerMember

Hi Peggy24, just a quick note there is a company called :mytomorrows.com they look into trials for you, they maybe able to give you some guidance, but I still think your oncologist is way out of order, hope this helps.

stay strong and stay safe

• You could also look at the Cancer Research UK website under "find a trial". However I hope when you go for your second opinion, that 2nd Oncologist will find one for you!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Thanks Annette

I have been on Teheran sire found one for NSCLC  but not sure what to do next so I will ask my lung cancer nurse.

Hope you’re feeling a bit better and taking it easy. Take care Hibiscus