Advice wanted

• 68 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Hi all

Had problems w site and then ended up in hospital w kidney stone!!  At least not cancer related .. so not been on site for a while.

I finished my chemo and saw my consultant on Wednesday last week after a Pet Scan she said that the I had had very good response only one tumour in my liver which has not responded otherwise I am clear.  She said that the MDT discussed resecting the tumour as it is on the surface and easily accessible which would give me a good prognosis - years rather than months.  If there had been a medical reason I would have been disappointed but would have understood but I cannot get my head round his attitude. 

My oncologist still thinks resection is my only hope - no other treatments and no trials available as they are unlikely to start until sometime next year because of covid.  She has suggested a further scan in 6 weeks with a view to asking liver consultant to reconsider but to me 6 weeks is a long time and with covid they may well have stopped surgery again.  Any ideas??

x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Deb1E

Hi Deb1E, just a quicky go go go for it and all the luck in the world xx

• Hi all

Didn't get back on last night fell asleep after my walk - definitely not as fit as I should be.

Today had telephone call - op is scheduled next Tuesday 8th December!!  I have covid test, telephone assessment and pre-op bloods etc this week and then have to seriously self-isolate Friday/Monday.  At the moment booked for open surgery so fingers crossed.  Love to all xx

Carpe Diem
    Deb1E
  • What a Christmas present, for all of us as well as you. Everyone loves a success story. Let's all hear about it when you have recuperated. Xxx

• Hi Deb1E,

Great news- wishing you all the best with the surgery and a speedy recovery!

Fi Blush

• Hi Norberry

Thank you for that.. If I'm honest I am scared stiff at the prospect of having open surgery which probably sounds odd as I was the one who fought to have it but it is my best hope of getting more time so am concentrating on that.   A friend of mine just text me to say it felt weird to say but she is pleased I am having major surgery ..

If all goes well I should be discharged after 7-10 days so just before Christmas. xx

I have just read your profile - I hope your wife is ok.  My husband has had relapsing/remitting MS since he was 30. At the moment he is ok but I try not to tell him much about my issues as stress tends to cause a flare up. . 

Carpe Diem
    Deb1E
  • Hi little-fi

Thank you.  I hope your immunotherapy treatment is going ok.  x

Carpe Diem
    Deb1E
  • Of course you are scared, we are all scared for you, nobody wants to give an opinion on something so serious but it looks like everyone supports your decision to take this route. You will win the day.

That MS is a bugger, stress really does exacerbate it. I am a snowflake male so I moan every day about my troubles, she has said " man up" to me a few times.!!

Anyway, the biggest bestest wishes ever.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Deb1E

That is wonderful news, 

I know it's major surgery, but it gives you such a chance to be well. Just be careful until then.

Xx

• Great news, You wouldn’t be human if you didn’t have concerns. But it also sounds like you  know why the operation is the best course of action. 
    xx

• Hi AP7 and Youngman

Thank you. x

Carpe Diem
    Deb1E