Nobody posting

• 45 replies
  • 51 subscribers

hello all. Hardly anyone seems to be posting. I expect the heat is not helping. I would hate to think that members old and new still can't get access to the site.

Come on  let's hear from all our senior members. Only good news by return please.

• Well you wanted a story to laugh!!

As the weather has been nice yesterday with around 16 degrees and sunshine, i have done some weeding..they grow like hell. So off i went...well many weeds later i was really proud of myself. Then a few hours later i did go to bed, trying to sleep>>> well trying...my lower back was killing me. Must have done a few wrong moves or didn't use some muscles for a while. So after around 4 hours i did give up, had a little bit of milk and a wander around house and back to bed. Managed to sleep a bit, but now ..back still sore. May a good idea to do some more today?? We see... Hope you're all okay?

A big hug goes out to ..be thinking of you!!!

Oh and yes, that site works good here for me, only i have to go to first post and scroll and find last post, logging in takes around 2 mins..but if i'm in i'm in  Slight smile

Pet

• Hello flowerlady, we have never been to Canterbury, crazy really as probably just an hour away so must visit. We have both been out a few times so we have become a bit more used to things and I imagine as you get about you will feel more relaxed about it.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Norberry

Hi Peeps, Gonna just let you know my Fawlty Towers story - perhaps raise a smile??? I'm still in Guildford hospital but been moved to a BOX!! Seriously, 8ft by 8ft tops. I'd been on the heart ward and had views out to the big wide world & could at least look at the thunderstorms etc. 

They have really tried with said BOX with tee hee "Muriel's" of bluebells & woods but no window at all - so got really claustrophobic when I got here Thursday night late. Then they have a long wide lit up panel, which can glow all sorts of psychedelic colours aaaaaagh ! If there was room I could have my very own rave!!!

Otherwise the fiasco of MRI scanners has gone on. As i think I said before it's like British Rail (leaves on the line)!! Apparently all of them were overheating & failing. Soon as they got a replacement in another one broke down. They have three different units here with machines BUT all were out of action. Crazy huh???  

Anyway I'd resigned myself to going off piste to the Nuffield this morning for one with all digits possible crossed when WHOOPEE up turned a porter & we were off!!! So funny in the HASTE unit - theyRelaxedd got hoses hanging all out of the ceiling along with multiple yellow buckets catching the water - more like " Rising Damp"( showing my age there)!!!!! But it got done & now all I'm waiting on is the report. Light at end of tunnel Relaxed.

I️ know it's gone to my spine but apparently no obvious cause for shoulder pain. I'll Google what you suggested Dr Tvman.

Lots of love to all & SMILE - Diz xxxxxx

• This is seriously funny. How can I say that when I should be feeling sorry for you and hoping for the best? This is a Maz59 type story. I am still laughing, you will have to forgive me.

• Just been down the garden Pet1968, saw the weeds, re read your story, and decided to leave things as they are. After all is a weed not just a flower in the wrong place?

A bit deep for me I know!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Dear

Did you have a camera with you?? Would love to see a photo of the mess!

• Would love to post but find this new site difficult.

Posie
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Posie

Hi Daloni happy to hear you are getting wondefull care at the hospice, and that most people have found ther way back on to the site. im doing okay just on 2 mg of steroids for rhte brain mets, and minimal painkillers. xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Posie

Hi

I agree! It looks like you were successful in posting. Why not start a new conversation then we can get to know each other better. 
    xx

daloni 

• Minor rant time, I am finding the new site so damned awkward to use, and i am put off by having to scroll down to the bottom and click to the last page to see the new posts, and it keeps logging me out every time I leave and that bloody box at the top of the page that keeps wanting to take me through some sort of info thing that i keep saying later but really i just want it to go away. And swapping between this group and the bowel group via my profile is just so onerous that I can't be ar*ed. I am just coming on here less and less and using appropriate facebook groups and bcuk site instead.

Sorry gang I used to be here daily, I think it will be once a week more likely. I really don't like the changes, voting and getting scored/ranked for goodness sake! Hardly appropriate on here. I did the survey and said a lot of this, not that it will change anything I suppose.

Anyway rant over, I just didn't want people to think I didn't care, just that I have enough going on in my life without battling to use this.

TTFN

Nicky

A life lived in fear, is a life half lived.
    Nicky