Having a meltdown please help

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 16 replies
  • 43 subscribers

I am having a bad meltdown.I dont think I want to live anymore.Crying all day.Finally had an appt regarding my lymphoedema arm and just got a letter that it will be only a phone call?How they can help me if they dont see my arm?When I called them back they tried to dump me back to the GP trying to say its not a lymphoedema!!!!!Why are treating me like this?I dont want to even carry on with the treatment anymore.I am so upset.I just wantet do get some pressure sleve for my arm I would even buy it myself.I feel so horrible.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi

I am late to the party as usual. All I can say is well done for pushing until you got that video appointment. It’s not ideal but it’s better than a phone call.  Now don’t do my usual trick and completely forget the time until 30 minutes after the appointment Joy

• FormerMember

Thank you Daloni.its a.shame I had to cry to get it sorted.The lady told.me to get ready a measuring tape to get the sleeve prescribed.But I will measure my arm on Sunday in advance.I will be at work on Monday so I dont want to play around my boss with the tape:) I am hoping also to get some advice regarding massages and exercising.

• FormerMember

Hi 

I don’t know much about lymphoedema in the arm. I know when they measure my leg they mark up my leg at 10cm intervals starting at the ankle and ending at the thigh. Then they measure each point. By doing this on both legs they can compare one to the other and work out the degree of fluid retention and get the size right for my stockings. They also want my height and weight. 

Here is a link to a website with therapists practicing manual lymph drainage. My local practitioner has given me invaluable telephone help. I’ve not been to see her physically yet. It’s a national site but it’s come up with the mid Kent section for some reason  

https://www.voddermldkent.co.uk/

I hope this helps. 
    xx

• FormerMember

Thank you Daloni I will check that website.How are you doing?are you still in the hospital?

Janet

• FormerMember

Hi Janet 

yes still in hospital. Boo! I am hoping for release on Monday 

x

• FormerMember

Hello Hello ,

Daloni, hope you are discharged on Monday with all pain under control! Sounds like you are keeping focused on the solutions considering all that is happing, very strong.

And Janet500, I am glad you have an appointment and can give them your numbers from the measuring tape. Keep your questions written down for advice on massages and  exercise. Good luck in getting all your problems solved!

Hugs to all,

Millie