Just wanted to introduce myself and ask a question

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hi everyone, just joined  your group after head in sand for many months , been on the Womb form for a while.Was told that my Womb Cancer had come back into my right lung last November, not Lung cancer endometrial cancer. It is a hard journey. All treatment has ceased for the time being as my tumour has become immune to carbo platin, can't have the other 2 chemos needed as I have had anaphaylactic shocks to both. Was given Anastrozole but it hasn't worked, wasn't informed that was my only option ? My CNS and onc have sent my notes off to Royal Marsden for a 2nd opinion, and they phoned yesterday to say I have a telephone consultation on Tuesday pm. Just wondering if that sounds promising ? or do they phone to give you bad news as well ? 

Kindest regards to all,

LC

XX

• Hi

It is hard to find yourself in this group, but it is a supportive one and you are right to join it. Sorry you are having such a hard time, and some treatment options seem closed off to you for now. I think telephone consultations are just the norm now. Hopefully they will have identified other options for you. Fingers crossed.

x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

I am so sorry you find yourself here. I think we know each other from the womb group, don’t we? It’s nice to see you again although I’d rather it wasn’t here in the incurables group.

I think you should feel optimistic about the referral to the Royal Marsden. It’s a big research centre, and it’s likely they will talk to you about clinical trials. I have been on three clinical trials and each one has kept me going a bit longer. I have been living with incurable cancer since March 2016. At the time I was told that palliative chemotherapy was my only option. But over four years on and I’m still going.

Shall we talk again once you’ve heard what the Marsden has to say? Maybe I’m out of date and you have already talked ti them In which case I’ll keep an eye on this conversation in case you reply. 

Meanwhile, love and hugs xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi daloni,  sorry I'm running a bit behind ! No trials for me I'm afraid but they were very nice.  They don't think I'm well enough to go onto a trial I live in the south west and the travel alone would apparently be very tiring. I'm trying to just process everything but it's not easy. I am so sorry you have been back.into hospital and hope you get dome relief from the pain

Gentle hugs

LC

Xx

• FormerMember

Hi daloni,  sorry I'm running a bit behind ! No trials for me I'm afraid but they were very nice.  They don't think I'm well enough to go onto a trial I live in the south west and the travel alone would apparently be very tiring. I'm trying to just process everything but it's not easy. I am so sorry you have been back.into hospital and hope you get dome relief from the pain

Gentle hugs

LC

Xx

• FormerMember

Hi

Hmmmm. That must have been disappointing for you? They are right about the travel. Joining a trial is a huge commitment and involves lots of visits, more even than chemo. It could easily bankrupt you from the south west to London. 

So we are where we are and the trick now is to make the best of it and find the joy that each day offers us. Some days that’s easier than others. So far today I’ve enjoyed a brownie, a slice of cake, some 4am chocolate to celebrate a friend’s good scan result and two nice phone calls with friends. Several WhatsApp groups are making me laugh. 

xxx