Hit by a 100ton truck

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hi all, well I'm still here just, chemo went well had my bottle disconnected last Saturday, Sunday started injection for white blood count then on Monday WHAM, by the evening I was in hospital suspected sepsis, for 3 days I was virtually in a coma, fluids steroids antibiotics pain relief anti sickness all being pumped in. Good news it wasn't sepsis just a good beating from the chemo so my pancreas and upper GA took a hammering, came home Thursday and been getting stronger each day went out for a drive this afternoon, now waiting telephone call on Wednesday from oncologist for next move.

So that's me up-to-date, hope everyone is safe and well.

I see there are a few new members, welcome.

Xx

Oh last thing then I'm off, we now have 4 baby Badgers xx

• Hi, Well you have been in the wars!! You must have been so relieved it wasn't sepsis!  You know what they say? " What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!" I do hope you get stronger by the day now and your oncologist has a plan in mind for you!        Take Care 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hello Devon cat.

What a story, you must be related to daloni, both of you pop into hospital for planned treatment then the crash trolleys get called out!

My chemo was like a good night out, I must have been so lucky.

Only two baby badgers here, let's not get competitive!

Good luck with the phone call.

• Another thing Devon cat, only two baby badgers but they can sing

" swing low sweet chariot" . Sometimes quantity isn't everything!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Norberry

Hi

Well that was not the plan! Dear oh dear. It sounds like a nightmare. I bet you’re weak as a kitten after that lot. I’m so sorry you had such a bad reaction to the chemo. Have they given you any indication as to whether you will be able to carry on with the chemo yet? 

Thanks for the baby badger news. That’s so wonderful! Does anyone know what the name is for a baby badger? I realise that’s a question likely to generate silly answers, with odds on favourite for being the first in. Name as in dogs have puppies and cats have kittens. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

A baby badger is a cub. So that’s six cubs. Hurray! 

• , oh what a nightmare...so what now? Another chemo or another try? It is very scary. I hope you are feeling better now...

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

That sounds dreadful. And from the chemo that's supposed to be helping, too. Do you know what comes next? Will you carry on with that chemo & hope you fare better next time?

I hope your oncologist came up with a good plan.