Chemo

• 90 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I received a letter this morning informing me that my first appointment for chemo, is Friday 26 June,which is earlier than expected,but in one sense I will be glad to get started.

Georgette

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to YoungMan

Thank you Young man

I had a bad day yesterday but at least I am no5 be sick.

On my last chemo it was about the 5 day when I got the fatigue.

i keep telling myself it will get better in a bit.

Take care 

• Hi Peggy,

So sorry you have have had a bad time, but as we all know we do come out of this which hopefully won't be to long for you and then I presume you have a space before the next treatment.

I took my last 4 steroids this morning, but I felt really down when I got up & had tears,just sometimes everything just gets on top of me. As most  people I did not sleep well,& I have ear-ache in both ears which is from the gemsar chemo. Still must not grumble to much and try to get on with things.

You will be better soon I hope. Take care.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Georgette

How are you getting on?

Ive ended up in Hospital.My Temperature went up on Tuesday during the night and I kept feeling cold

Rang the chemo line told to come i was hoping they would sort me out then home but as the day went on my temperature kept changing and my heartbeat was fast.Its something to do with my white blood cells they have dropped to far and my body can’t fight whatever it is that’s giving me the temperature.they did tell me a name for it but I forgot it.I feel ok just having trouble with my tongue and ulcers.Doctor gave me Difflam but it don’t seem to do much,I’ll ask again today for something else.I think I am going to be here the weekend now they are waiting to see if the antibiotics work.its strange not having visitors but at least I an speak to them on FaceTime. We are in a private part to the Hospital’s so it’s a lovely room and have a tv to take my mind off things.Fingers crossed I’ll be out soon.

n

• Hi Peggy,

I am so sorry that you are in hospital,and it is probably the last thing you expected. Hopefully though once they have got you sorted out you will soon be home. The problem with being in hospital over the weekend is that there are nearly always different staff on. What a good thing that facetime is, as otherwise it is long days when you don't see family.

Just been  for chemo this morning. This cycle was just Gemsar & took 30 minutes plus two saline washouts. My appointment was 10.30 & I was out by 11.45. I do have a telephone Consultation with my Oncologist on the 14th,then blood tests on 15th & carbo/gemsar on the 17th July, all being well.

The weather is pretty depressing at the moment here, not sure where you are in the country,but hope that it is better than here.

This afternoon I am just going to relax and watch TV.

Take care, & I wish you well, try to stay positive,I'll keep my fingers crossed that you will be home soon.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Georgette

Hi Georgette

I have Nenutropenic sepsis so not sure how long I’m in.I feel fine mouth is getting better which was pretty  rubbish. Just hope Antibiotics work and I get out have to wait for blood count to rise.I didn’t have problems with last chemo but t his one is a harsher chemo.

Glad you got your treatment underway take it easy.Its raining down here I live in Plymouth.Getting better next week.    Take care x

• So sorry that you are in hospital pleased that you feel better I am sure that they will sort you out and you can get to go home soon here is a big hug from me xx

Flippen
  • Hi Peggy,

I wonder how you managed to get neutropenic sepsis,that sounds nasty. Pleased to hear that your mouth is improving as ulcers are horrible. I hope the antibiotics are successful & that your blood count goes up well so that you can get home,as there is nothing like being in your own bed. 

I live near Swansea,so Gower coast is lovely. I am from Kent originally,& my husband is from Bath.

Take care, xx

• Hi Peggy

Sorry to hear that you are in such a predicament, it's just neverending. Hope your mouth continues to improve and your blood count improves then you can get out.  

I'd love to swap our climate for yours although to be fair, our position in south east Northern Ireland give us the best climate of the province. Still, I'd love to grow more exotic plants Slight smile

Take care and stay safe Peggy

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Hi tv man

Mouth is a lot better.Blood count gone up so I can go today to be honest I feel fine no pain which is lovely.Its sunny today a bit cool but 

that’s just fine.Hope you get out today and plant your seeds. Take care 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Hi tv man

Mouth is a lot better.Blood count gone up so I can go today to be honest I feel fine no pain which is lovely.Its sunny today a bit cool but 

that’s just fine.Hope you get out today and plant your seeds. Take care