Health select committee tomorrow

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 25 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi gang

I thought you might like to know that I will be giving evidence to the parliamentary health and social services select committee tomorrow. 

They are running an inquiry into the state of core NHS services during the pandemic and calling a range of witnesses. I am taking part in the second panel session tomorrow from 9.45am to 11am alongside the chief exec of National Voices, the chair of Healthwatch England and the director of the NHS Confederation. I am there to speak as a patient. 

I'll be talking about my experience of the NHS during lockdown. As you probably know, lockdown coincided with a serious deterioration in my health that's included three admissions via A&E, countless encounters with my GP, community services and OOH services, and a period of limbo waiting for chemo to start. So I have quite a bit to talk about. I am very much hoping I will be able to work in mention of the community too. 

If you'd like to watch I think you should be able to see it via this website although you might need to do a bit of looking to find the broadcast meeting. It's a bit unclear to me right now. 

You can also follow it on twitter. I am on @dalonic and Macmillan will be tweeting on @macmillancampaigning 

For anyone in the South East of England, the BBC are sending a film crew to my house after the session to put together a package for the evening news at 6.30pm.

Wish me luck!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Wishing you all the luck for tomorrow hun, but your not going to need it, fight the cause hun, 

Love Max

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow daloni but you are really articulate and will shine. Take care xx

• Hi ,

They couldn't have picked a better person for this.  I will try to check out the website tomorrow but knowing my luck with technology I may be late to the show.  I will be sending positive thoughts your way tomorrow.

All the best,

Gragon xx

• Well done, you’ve gone through so much I don’t think I could ask for someone better to represent everyone in this community who’ve been affected during this period.

• Hi Daloni, I'm sure you've got everything covered and will be fantastic! I will try the website also tomorrow, so keeping my fingers crossed it works! Good luck!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hello,

To anyone who can access freeview television or the bbc website  (link)   the debate is available on bbc Parliament channel 232.  Both offer the option to view the programme from the start.  I do not know if the debate is available long term on the I player but it might be worth checking it out if you are interested.

Gragon xx

• Woo Hoo @daloni,

Well done, you came across very well and thank you for getting in the mention about the community, even if everybody mispronounced your name every time.

I was pleased with your last comment about the shielding as it has caused a lot of people a lot of distress and is now in danger of leaving those of us that are advised to shield behind everyone else in Europe when it comes to relaxing the restrictions.

Thanks,

Gragon xx

• Hi 

Good for you girl, if anyone can handle this with the experience you've had this last year or four, there's no one with a better track record, the patient's view is in good hands Daloni.

Good luck to you Daloni.

The parliament channel will be my choice, thanks

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Thank you for this I missed it at the time but will watch it on the website when it is available 

Ruth 

• Thank you for the link.

i was able to watch the select commitee and see Daloni.

Daloni you spoke well and it was good to hear a patients point of view.

yes shielding is difficult and it is not clear what we shoe doing now 

Ruth