Anyone affected by delayed treatment

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 22 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi just read on article today on BBC saying how many people have been affected by cancelled surgeries,treatments,tests.At the bottom of the article there is an email and you can contribute with your story and experience.

I did.Because nobody cares about my lymphoedema.Since my appt has been cancelled in March I didnt hear anything about the lymphoedema clinic.My onco she knows about she doesnt care,the same my nurse she promised me to find out if i could go somewhere else for my lymphoedema to be seen,she never called back.I cant get to see a GP either.My hand is getting so swollen evening time cant hold the cup properly and my upper arm cant fit in to the clothes.

So anybody affected can contribute.I am sorry but covid is not excuse for neglect and lack of care for other patients.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

No we come under Liverpool Oncology , so of course no app only phone. My scan is done here on Tues then i will be contacted hopefully the Monday after. not looking forward to that phone call.  We have chemo here and some operations.   We are Covid free now so  it has helped unshielding so can now shop. Think its about time i saw my own Dr hes new to me --- thats if they haven't gone to phone calls only !!!!!!! C J xx

•  Hi C.J. That must be a difficult situation when oncology is so far away. Good luck with the scan and results.

Definitely contact your GP, especially when you have a new one. Let him know exactly what is going on and how you feel. It is very important your GP is in the loop and knows what is going on. That way he can support you when you need it! Surely if the island is now free of the virus and you can go shopping, you will be able to meet face to face! Good luck.

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!