Talking to people who are in the same situation

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 26 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi am new to all this a little shy not really sure what to say to start x

• Hi , welcome, you are doing really well, you’ve completed your profile so we can see a little bit about you and done your first post, something it took me months to do, as I think I have the shy gene too ! I have a different cancer and restart my immunotherapy treatment on Sunday next week. There is I’ve noticed a discussion called ‘treatment’ where people are posting to support each other if you look in discussion view you might see it and look if you want to join in. I saw that you start yours on Tuesday? 

Im quite quiet on the group but thought I’d pop in to say hi Wave 

Take care KT

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Charlotte Louise, welcome to a great group, I only joined a couple months ago so still new to me, but there are some great people on here, I have a different type of cancer, I start chemo on Thursday, my first time.

Don't worry about being shy no one can see you, it's a great place to get things off your chest and have a rant if you need one, and get some good advice,r especially about gardening, and remember we're all in the same boat, same destination just different routes.

Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks for the reply  I spoke to a McMillan nurse last week she told me about it, if you dont mind me asking what type of cancer do you have?  I was really scared before starting my chemo for the first time apart from some side effects it wasn't too bad everybody reacts differently to it, as for you mentioning gardeng is funny as I have just got my garden finished my brother and husband finished it had been half done since September when I was in hospital it was lovely to sit out when we had that lovely weather last few weeks, i hope your treatment goes ok x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

Welcome - although I am sorry you’ve qualified to join this group. I can understand feeling shy. It must be like walking into a room of strangers. 

People use this group in different ways. Lots of people talk about their treatment and we give each other moral support.  I’m having chemo at the moment and I have been posting in the discussion “treatment”. Others talk about their feelings as there can be quite a lot to work through in the aftermath of being told you have incurable cancer.

Really, it’s for any kind of conversation you want to have. Why don’t you have a read and join in where you feel comfortable? 

At any rate, don’t be a stranger 

xxx

• Hi Charlotte louise,

Wishing you a warm Welcome. I am fairly new to this site myself,and it is very friendly,& somewhere where you can discuss all manner of things,maybe things you do not find easy to talk to your family and friends about.

I have recurrent fallopian tube cancer which was high grade serous,& is now in the peritoneum. I have an appointment this week with a new Oncologist & I am expecting to be told that I will be starting chemo very soon.

Take care, & I wish you luck with your treatment.

Georgette xx

• Hello Charlotte Louise

How are you feeling? I am so sorry you find yourself here. I hope you find the forum a source of comfort, information, strength.

I have stomach cancer which had already spread to liver and spleen. My prognosis was dire, but that was almost two years ago!

There are many hopeful stories on here, it's a caring and non judgemental space. 

Take care xx

Flowerlady x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    1. Thank you 
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Georgette

Reading so many peoples stories of what they are going through stops me asking myself why me am sure you have all said the same thing,  you all sound strong and positive as I was in the start of my diagnosis but has been decreasing bit by bit so I am grateful I have found this group,  you will all have to bear with me as I am trying to work this all out with my phone but was never good when it comes to technology, I hope your app goes well georgette xx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to flowerlady

Hi I am feeling ok but anxious about a few app next week, finding this site has already been a help reading stories after prognosis although the stories are shocking I no I am not alone talking to family is not the same as you dont want to upset them so I dont say much, i am so sorry about your prognosis but amazing that was 2 years ago hope you are feeling ok xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you it's already  lifted my spirits having conversations with people in the same situation, still not a 100%sure what's what with my phone I definitely wont be a stranger I hope you are coping with your chemo xx