An invitation

• 2 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hello ,

My apologies for approaching you like this but I saw your post to the nurse and realised that you had only just joined the community and probably had not had the opportunity to explore much yet.  I would like to say welcome to you but also to invite you to have a look at this group for people "living with incurable cancer".  All the people on here have an incurable diagnosis and that includes some with a terminal diagnosis as well.  There is a lot of experience on this group and everyone is generally happy to share their experiences and support each other.  Receiving such a prognosis cuts the ground out from underneath you and hopefully this group can help you back to your feet again

Many of the people in the group have experience of preparing for death and then outliving their prognosis by several years and others are experienced in how to push for treatments including how to access trials.  You might also like to look at the liver cancer group as they might be able to give you more specific advice.  If you click here it will take you directly to the liver cancer group.  You can join any group whilst you are on it by clicking the button at the right of the page.

Again I apologise for contacting you in this way but hope that you choose to join us on the group.

Best Wishes,

Gragon x

• What a lovely invite to . 

I hope you are feeling your best  

Take care KT

• Hi Welcome. I've just read your post in Ask the Nurse and just wanted you to know is spot on about the people in the "Living with Incurable Cancer" we have all been where you are now. I just would like to say although they may have nothing to offer you at the moment 12-18 months is a very long time and there are new trials and treatments becoming available every month! I would like to think you would find the group supportive and informative and I hope to welcome you to that group very soon! 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!