I’m not brave

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 11 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Ever since I started on this journey every one has said “your so brave.i couldn’t do what you are doing” my answer I’m not brave I’m just doing what the doctors are telling me.

to me brave would be to say STOP I don’t want any more treatment. I have an appointment tomorrow with my oncologist to discuss what next as paclitaxel has stopped working. I so want to say NO but I’m not brave enough.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi 

I just looked through some Facebook memories. I found one I did as a fundraiser for the charity The Eve Appeal. It had asked people to put on their lippy online and blow a kiss to their followers who were supposed to come back with a £5 donation. 

So. There I am. Bald as a chemo coot, lipstick in hand. It gave me a right shock. 

I take it back. I’m quite brave. And it’s made me think. I’m ok with being brave. I’m ok with facing this illness full on. With smiling in the face of debilitating side effects and finding a way to enjoy life regardless. I’m ok with being the buffer between people’s fear of cancer and the reality. 

It’s ok to be brave. It’s ok if people think I’m brave. It’s ok if they call me brave. And I think everyone here in this community is brave too. 

xxx