Something to celebrate

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 13 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi folks 

I’d like to share with you news that the community champs, some 25 volunteers who work across the online community to make it a safe, supportive and happy place, have just been given the Vicky Clement award by Macmillan. I’m very proud to be one of this group. I hoped you might like to celebrate a little with me too. Here’s some bumph about the award. My shiny badge will be in the post soon. It is sad that we can’t all get together for a knees up this year but such is life. 

“Vicky Clement-Jones was given just three months to live after being diagnosed with inoperable ovarian cancer. In fact, she went on to survive for five years – long enough to establish Cancerbackup in 1985 and ensure its success. Macmillan and Cancerbackup merged in 2008 to provide the best cancer information for everyone. 

The Vicky Clement-Jones Award is for an individual or group that: 

uses their own cancer experiences to influence others

applies insight from their own cancer experiences to improve the lives of other people affected by cancer

demonstrates the impact that their role makes to other people affected by cancer.”

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Wonderful Daloni!  It is right that what you do for this community is recognised.  You are a strong support, a wealth of information and someone we can rely on.  You always take the time to respond to others even when you are feeling bad yourself.  Thanks to you and the other champions.  You are AWESOME! xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Congratulations , brilliant news and well deserved Grin It's lovely to share your good news.

**applies insight from their own cancer experiences to improve the lives of other people affected by cancer

Absolutely. Even when the shit hits the fan which really goes above and beyond. A huge 'thank you' to all of the community champs, but a special 'thank you' to you .

xx

• Hi Daloni

Well deserved - thanks for the help and advice you have given me since I joined and at a time when you have had other things to think about xx

Carpe Diem
    Deb1E