Does the hospital have right cancel chemo

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 15 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi I am very worried that they will leave me to die.i mean the hospital.yesterday was my appt for lymphoedema cancelled with excuse of the safety of the patients because of this virus.I am crying since yesterday because I am worries they will cancel chemo too and leave me to die just because of the virus patient.I sound very selfish but I have a life threating disease too and have the right for treatment.I was waiting for this appt for 3 months my arm very is very swollen and painful and nobody can help me?My chemo is doing the job tumours dissapearing i am so scared the hospital will dump me.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

My GP wanted one doing over a week ago but we were told that the only way to get one is if you are willing to go and sit in A&E for hours and risk infection. I declined but I saw something about them wanting to test people who might have had it and now have immunity. If I can help in any way I will but I think after the conversation today I am a write off now. 

• @Maz59, so sorry you are having such a bad time and feeling hopeless. I think we are still reeling from what exactly this pandemic is going to mean for the health service/ society and us all as individuals and communities. I read this artice in the Guardian which sets out some of the dilemmas our doctors are facing.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/mar/19/cancer-patients-coronavirus-outbreak-difficult-decisions

I know I would not want to be a doctor at the moment for sure.

• Hi Maz, 

I didn't want to "like" your post but I did in support of you. We need another button to click on. Maz, while you still have a breath in you, fight on. I wouldn't trust his decisions.

And Maz, while I still have a breath in me, I'll support you. 

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Hi

Goodness me! It sounds like you stood your ground with grace and determination. But what a shame you should have to. Well done. 

I am so sorry to hear about the deterioration in the cancer. It’s hard to know what to say. I can see you’re worried about whether palliative care will be there and I can’t say I blame you given your experiences of the nhs recently. I hope you’re wrong and that a lovely nurse visits, sorts you out and makes you feel better. 

lots of love to you and your husband 

xxx

• Hello Maz

I am lost for words really, at the rubbish unprofessional treatment you have been given over the past few months. I could actually list a string of expletives. You deserve better than this. Please keep strong if you can manage it, things may not be as bleak as they appear just now. 

I am sending you a virtual hand squeeze. Take care, we are all here.

Please stay safe everyone, xx

Flowerlady x