Changes to the End of Life group

• 1 reply
  • 42 subscribers

Hi everyone,

I hope you don’t mind me posting here. My name’s Ellen and I work on the Community team here at Macmillan.

I’m posting here to let you know of some changes that we’ve made to the End of Life group, which is a sub-group of Living with Incurable cancer.

As some of you may have noticed, when we created the End of Life group, the discussion threads that were started there were also appearing in the Living with Incurable cancer group which caused upset and distress for members in both groups.

We had a plan to separate out the groups; however, we’ve been able to find a solution which means the threads and updates from the End of Life group will no longer be shown here in the Living with Incurable cancer group.

This means that the groups are still linked, but they both inhabit their own space where users of each group can participate in a way which may feel more comfortable to do so.

If you’re a user of both groups, there shouldn’t be a noticeable difference in the way you use the groups – though you may now be required to join the End of Life group.

If anyone has any questions about the above, or there’s anything myself and the team can do then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us on community@macmillan.org.uk.

Best wishes,

Ellen
Macmillan Community Team

• Hey Ellen,

That's fab that they've managed to be slightly more split than they were, but not fully.

Just so you're aware though, the search bar that vanished when the end of life group was created, hasn't returned with the slight separation. Do you think that will be able to be retrieved too?

Thanks,

Lass

xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.