Immunotherapy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 33 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi, I was due to start chemo on Monday 17th Feb, for 2 cycles, then another two with targeted radiotherapy for 6 weeks. However, that all changed. As lung cancer now in lymph nodes and bone so went from intent to cure to incurable. They have given me a year... On Monday started on immunotherapy, from Wednesday Onwards I have slept most of the day and night only waking to eat, pee or take meds. Gp put me on morphine tablets on Wednesday for back pain (not cancer related, reckon it's tension). Not sure if I feel so sluggish due to immunotherapy or morphine. Any of you guys got experience of either?  X

• Hi Gsd Rule                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       So pleased to hear you are feeling better,really pleased the painkillers are working for you, and you feel more like yourself.Pain is almost impossible to think through it just makes things more difficult to deal with.I hope it all works out well for you Keep Calm Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Daloni

I am a new member, only 53 and given prognosis of 6-9 months. I have created my bucket list of things to do with family and friends whilst feeling well enough.

Your message has given me some hope that the timescale is only a guess on others and that I may have a chance of going past it.

I too suffer immense kidney pain have a urostomy bag for my right kidney and a neufrostomy bag for my left kidney but at present side effects of chemo is playing hell with my kidneys. 

Undergoing chemo to shrink it but will go on a clinical trial if it does not work but keeping my fingers crossed chemo will work.

Keep on fighting everyone 

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi

Welcome - and nice to meet you. That’s a shocker of a prognosis and I’m glad I’ve given you hope. I think hope is really important.

Kidney pain is a doozie, even the nurses agree on that. I don’t know why but it makes people emotional too. I’m not a big one for crying but kidney pain sees me in floods of tears and I’m not the only one. I’m sorry to hear you have kidney pain. Tell me - what’s the difference between a urostomy bag and a nephrostomy bag? I had a nephrostomy for a little while so I kind of know what that is. 

I hope you make it through the chemo in one piece. 

xxx